To The Rebel Rouser - Im Very Nosey !

Oh-But-Is-It

Having shared with us how much you enjoy your IE, and remembering that you have been on dozens of times ............ Im just very curious what you think your plans would be when the ship is no longer available from the end of this summer. Do you already have your eye on a new 'home from home' ????

Having shared with us how much you enjoy your IE, and remembering that you have been on dozens of times ............ Im just very curious what you think your plans would be when the ship is no longer available from the end of this summer. Do you already have your eye on a new 'home from home' ????

Oh-But-Is-It... No plans as yet. next years cruises are far to expensive and I have explained to the Thomson Shops I might be using Fred Olson or other if Thomson's priced don't come down, much cheaper cruises about at the moment.

Just had Cruise #24 due to have Cruise #25/#26 later in the summer and doing the last Cruise on the 20/10/15, will be a sad day when she finishes but I can understand why Thomson want to Modernise its fleet. But what price loyalty nothing from Thomson after all these cruise. So I have no loyalty to Thomson. :eek:

Your correct. It will be sad. Id like to think I might be able to squeeze in a sneaky before its put out to grass.

My sister (like you) has cruised many times. She's been on the QE2 and Independence of the Seas but she admits, she has a soft spot for the IE.

So Fred Olsen may win you over ...... I will check out there brochure, hopefully a substitute can be found and if anyone knows best its got to be you Rebel.

Happy sailing this summer.

Would you consider P & O RR? I think you would like Oceana as she is a nice relaxed ship one of our favourite P & O......any idea what the other RR (Ross Roberts) will do when he leaves IE? He would certainly tempt us to whichever ship he goes to...if indeed he stays in the cruise industry.....I hope so. :)

I suppose he could move to Thomson Discovery.

Hope you and Mrs RR are keeping well. :)

Would you consider P & O RR? I think you would like Oceana as she is a nice relaxed ship one of our favourite P & O......any idea what the other RR (Ross Roberts) will do when he leaves IE? He would certainly tempt us to whichever ship he goes to...if indeed he stays in the cruise industry.....I hope so. :)

I suppose he could move to Thomson Discovery.

Hope you and Mrs RR are keeping well. :)

Morning JW, yes Mr Mrs RR ok Hope you and yours are. long time no see :eek:

I am meeting up with Mr and Mrs Mallorca chap soon and I'm sure that the discussion on what we are doing next year will be mentioned , when I mentioned FO I think it was a bit tongue in check as you know I'm far to young to go there :p we have 3 more left to go on the White Lady this year and all nearly all options are open for next year also depends on what ships doc in Palma during the season and what cost. but will have to be later than June as will be on an outage at work until mid Junish. RR << Not Ross Roberts

Yes we both keep well thanks....give our best to Mr & Mrs MC when you see them!!

We have happy memories of IE and meeting you all...as you can see we have our 3 cruises this year mapped out so won't be able to join the final sailing. We haven't been on FO but they do get good comments from those who have sailed with them and when we find a good itinerary at a good price then we shall try......

we too think that Thomson are quite pricey when compared to others but they do put on a fabulous itinerary now and then.... too good to turn down!! so we gave in to temptation to go on Celebration cruising the Adriatic for two weeks in June....lots of new ports, and not long to go now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good to read your thoughts of life after IE. Booked for 30 June when I read this is her last summer. May try for the final cruise in October - but so much on this year. Our last island escape cruise was 3 years ago so really looking forward to stepping aboard in 5 weeks.