Looks like another Scottish cruise is in our future...

I am going to put down a deposit on the Spirit of Scotland cruise on Hebridean Island Cruises. It's a whisky focused cruise with stops at several distilleries.

My mom just took river cruises on the Royal Crown with Hebridean and had a marvelous time. I had wanted to join her, but circumstances didn't allow it. But, thanks to her glowing comments and our own memories about being on Hebridean Princess, I was able to talk my husband into another voyage!

• 3 months later...

This looks like a very interesting cruise. By comparison, have you taken (or considered) the Lord of the Glens "Scottish Highlands & Islands" cruise? We are considering booking this through National Geographic Expeditions, but there is very little customer feedback available.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cruise tickets arrived yesterday after a concerned email from Hebridean's sales manager who was putting together our information. My husband had sent the pre-boarding questionnaire, but they hadn't received it.

I see the tickets are a little bit higher end now than they were in 2012. You get a diary/journal thing.

Once again, I am impressed by the attention to detail. Also, I notice this time, since we booked directly with the main office instead of the North American office, we don't have to pay for the coach to and from the ports.

tickets.jpg.0c628b51c98f7a2ec02f4fa880a0a647.jpg