Tisa's Barefoot Bar Pago Pago

Vicstix3

We will be visiting Pago Pago in October and was hoping to visit Tisa's Bar.

I read on the Cruise Industry news website, dated the 4th August 2017 that "when a cruise ship is in port, Tisa's Barefoot Bar and Alega Beach & Marine Preserve will only be open to guests that purchase a prepaid cruise ship day package. The package costs $135 per person, and for those just wanting the island feast and experience the beach and preserve (no transport or tour included) the cost is $75. Guests numbers will be limited to a maximum of 60 people to ensure the impact on the Alega Bay environment is low and not impede on the preserve’s eco-system."

Just wondering has anyone else heard about this or know anything about it.

Thanks

Vicki :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
We will be visiting Pago Pago in October and was hoping to visit Tisa's Bar.

I read on the Cruise Industry news website, dated the 4th August 2017 that "when a cruise ship is in port, Tisa's Barefoot Bar and Alega Beach & Marine Preserve will only be open to guests that purchase a prepaid cruise ship day package. The package costs $135 per person, and for those just wanting the island feast and experience the beach and preserve (no transport or tour included) the cost is $75. Guests numbers will be limited to a maximum of 60 people to ensure the impact on the Alega Bay environment is low and not impede on the preserve’s eco-system."

Just wondering has anyone else heard about this or know anything about it.

Thanks

Vicki :cool:

Vicki, we'll be in Pago Pago 10-30, how about you?

We see the same info on the South Pacific Tourism Organization website. The $135 fee includes a 3 hour tour conducted by Tisa and then the Samoan feast and opportunity to enjoy beach and Marine Preserve. The $75 for feast and beach/marine reserve only, no tour or transport.

It doesn't appear that this actually has to be booked through the cruise ship. You can call 684 622 7447, or email tisasbarefootbar.com to buy the tickets.

Hi Brenda

We will also be visiting on the 30th October, think we might be on the same cruise ;p(Norwegian Jewel).

I contacted Tisa via Facebook and you are right this isn't available through the cruise ship. We decided to book the tour and lunch to fill in the day.

Originally we were going to find our own way there and just spend the day relaxing before reading that you now have to pay for one of the day packages to visit, just hope this is reinforced after paying $$$

Have you also booked one of the packages? I think it says on my paperwork a minimum of 20 people is required for the package to go ahead, so hopefully that will be met :)

Vicki

Hi Brenda

We will also be visiting on the 30th October, think we might be on the same cruise ;p(Norwegian Jewel).

I contacted Tisa via Facebook and you are right this isn't available through the cruise ship. We decided to book the tour and lunch to fill in the day.

Originally we were going to find our own way there and just spend the day relaxing before reading that you now have to pay for one of the day packages to visit, just hope this is reinforced after paying $$$

Have you also booked one of the packages? I think it says on my paperwork a minimum of 20 people is required for the package to go ahead, so hopefully that will be met :)

Vicki

Small world! I thought your CC handle sounded familiar, but I when I looked at the combined roll call for Honolulu to Pape'ete and Pape'ete to Sydney, I did not see you listed. We would definately be interested in this one except for the fact that we have already signed on to another tour set up by another on the roll call. It also ends up at a beach and has a feast, but the info says the beach is Utulei so I don't think it's the same location as Tisa. Also, the price is much better, but Tisa's bar does look very beautiful. Maybe next time round, right?

If you want, you could ask Tisa what the max tour capacity is and ask if they will hold some slots for a few days for you. If you post the info on the roll call, there may be many others from the roll call who would love to sign on, Seems to be many late bookers who are now scrambling for something to do in the ports. That way you could at least assure yourself that you won't be cancelled because the minimum was not met.