Currently on Reviera. - Quick thoughts

drkitkat123

Sorry about spelling above, can not seem to change

overall very impressed.

Food very good and generally piping hot.

Staff have all been responsive and good.

Ship in very good condition.

Cabin good. Why is shower so small?

The only negative is watching passengers be so rude to staff, pointing at food at saying " 2 of those". No please or thank you., no taking time to look at and use name of staff member.

Better than our cruise on regent last year..

Edited by drkitkat123
Spelling

The only negative is watching passengers be so rude to staff, pointing at food at saying " 2 of those". No please or thank you., no taking time to look at and use name of staff member.

Better than our cruise on regent last year..

Some people forget to pack their manners or maybe they did not have room in their luggage :evilsmile:

Glad to hear the food is piping hot looking forward to joining the ship in Dec

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Dr. K

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time on one of our favorite ships!! We always try to find the names of the staff serving us and address them by name when interacting with them. It makes the cruise immensely more satisfying.

Could I ask if you would please tell me the names of the CD, Social Director, and Assistant Cruise Director? We''ll be back on board in January and are curious (presuming they are all still in place at that time).

Thanks!!!

Interesting comments - I have sailed a lot on Regent and only twice before on Oceania (will be boarding Riviera on Monday..) but I have found the passengers on Oceania to be a LOT more polite to staff than those on Regent. and I HATE it when someone asks for something and says "give me..." instead of please give me and then thank you. What does it cost to be polite? A lot less than the payment for the cruise! And staff should be respected a lot for the job they do to make our holiday a good one.

Oh my, it is good to be polite. We just got off Regent about 3 weeks ago and I missed having someone serve the food. We always say please and thank you. I am very short, so if I have to get something in the back tray, I have to lean all the way over the first tray, and my neck has to be above the glass. Not comfortable! LOL

Interesting comments - I have sailed a lot on Regent and only twice before on Oceania (will be boarding Riviera on Monday..) but I have found the passengers on Oceania to be a LOT more polite to staff than those on Regent. and I HATE it when someone asks for something and says "give me..." instead of please give me and then thank you. What does it cost to be polite? A lot less than the payment for the cruise! And staff should be respected a lot for the job they do to make our holiday a good one.

Thank you. Well said. When it happens right in front of me I struggle with how to respond, or if I should respond at all. Mostly I don't, which then makes me feel complicit.

Thank you. Well said. When it happens right in front of me I struggle with how to respond, or if I should respond at all. Mostly I don't, which then makes me feel complicit.

I know how you feel.

Unfortunately, I think it's a little late to teach manners to some people; you would be wasting your time and unlikely to be able to accomplish anything lasting.

My DW is the first to respond with a .. don't you think you should say thank you.. (that is when she is in a good mood) :D

My DW is the first to respond with a .. don't you think you should say thank you.. (that is when she is in a good mood) :D

Your wife is right...I sometimes say - what is the magic word? As I do to my grandchildren. These impolite people were not brought up by polite people!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your wife is right...I sometimes say - what is the magic word? As I do to my grandchildren. These impolite people were not brought up by polite people!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is it they say about old dogs and new tricks? :D

I believe that this applies to people as well - unfortunately.

Edited by Paulchili

I am also on Riviera now with Drkitkat, and I am very impressed. This is my third O cruise, 1st on the larger ship. It is as god as I remember, maybe even better. Until breakfast this morning the cruise has been glitch free. Our meal never came so we left the dining room and went up to the buffet. Not a big deal but unexpected for O. I will go into more detail after getting home on Tuesday but I am a happy camper.

Until breakfast this morning the cruise has been glitch free. Our meal never came so we left the dining room and went up to the buffet.

You should have mentioned it to the Maitre'd or the GM ... they want to know if there is a problem so it can be taken care of now

"Until breakfast this morning the cruise has been glitch free. Our meal never came so we left the dining room and went up to the buffet."

Are you saying you brought this to the attention of your waiter and no action was taken or explanation offered? This is bad, very bad.

The waiter was aware of the missing meal as was the manager. All apologized profusely, no one knew what happened or who mEssex up.. Tonight as we were leaving dinner the maitre de talked to us again, aplogized, and offered to get us an extra dinner reservation at Red Ginger tomorrow plus a bottle of wine. Oceania is taking care of us. They are making it right. Very impressive customer service.

The waiter was aware of the missing meal as was the manager. All apologized profusely, no one knew what happened or who mEssex up.. Tonight as we were leaving dinner the maitre de talked to us again, aplogized, and offered to get us an extra dinner reservation at Red Ginger tomorrow plus a bottle of wine. Oceania is taking care of us. They are making it right. Very impressive customer service.

As always the right thing!!

Jancruz1

Yes, Good job by O. Not suprised.

If you are happy, that's all that counts!

hambaghale: be sure to bring cold medicine and lots of hand sanitizer. Over half the people on Riviera are sick with a wicked cold. I have had it for over a week. I don't know if the staff are aware and will be deep cleaning the ship when all of the Sickles leave tomorrow.

hambaghale: be sure to bring cold medicine and lots of hand sanitizer. Over half the people on Riviera are sick with a wicked cold. I have had it for over a week. I don't know if the staff are aware and will be deep cleaning the ship when all of the Sickles leave tomorrow.

Awesome😣

I have been careful for the last month not to get sick as it really affects my asthma. I hope all of the carriers are washing lots and not sneezing into their hands. No need to make others ill.

Samsung Tab E

Cd was Peter Richards and Jason parsons was his assistant I think. Not sure about social.

ass

Dr. K

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time on one of our favorite ships!! We always try to find the names of the staff serving us and address them by name when interacting with them. It makes the cruise immensely more satisfying.

Could I ask if you would please tell me the names of the CD, Social Director, and Assistant Cruise Director? We''ll be back on board in January and are curious (presuming they are all still in place at that time).

Thanks!!!

Over half? That's a lot of sick people

Cd was Peter Richards and Jason parsons was his assistant I think. Not sure about social.

ass

I like both Peter(the shoe guy) and Jason, unless I happen to be in the same room when he's teaching line dancing, then it's time to go elsewhere.

We are embarking on our 1st Oceania cruise on the Riviera next week. Glad to hear that Oceania has excellent service recovery. Anyone can make a mistake, but how that mistake is handled, speaks volumes.