Oceania Suites

Heartfelttraveler

I have just booked our first Oceania Riviera cruise to New England and Canada in fall of 2019 and have some questions.

1. I booked an aft Oceania Suite and was told the main differences between the aft and Deck 11 Oceania Suites are that the aft is only 1 1/2 baths vs two full baths, and the aft deck is larger. Any other differences?

2. Is there any advantage to taking the O Life if not using the airfare (taking a credit for airfare)? I currently booked with O Life and chose the on board credit, but it seems to just be a wash dollar wise.

3. If we order dinner in our suite, is it served white table cloth course by course, or is it all brought at the same time and left for us to wade through?

4. I know it is a lot of months (years actually) until this cruise, but I am gathering as much information about Oceania and the Riviera to share with the couples that we traditionally travel with to see if any want to join us.

Is there anything that you love about Oceania that you can share?

I am slowly reading the many Oceania threads that look like they have broad information or would pertain to our trip, but would welcome any insight you have to offer.

Ps. I think the Oceania website is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

I have just booked our first Oceania Riviera cruise to New England and Canada in fall of 2019 and have some questions.

1. I booked an aft Oceania Suite and was told the main differences between the aft and Deck 11 Oceania Suites are that the aft is only 1 1/2 baths vs two full baths, and the aft deck is larger. Any other differences?

For us, the noticeable difference, beside those which you have already mentioned, is that there is a door from the Bedroom to the veranda in the deck 12 Suites, but not in the aft Suites.

2. Is there any advantage to taking the O Life if not using the airfare (taking a credit for airfare)? I currently booked with O Life and chose the on board credit, but it seems to just be a wash dollar wise.

There are a number of ancillary benefits to using OLife, the free Internet is the one which springs to mind.

3. If we order dinner in our suite, is it served white table cloth course by course, or is it all brought at the same time and left for us to wade through?

There are warming/chilling pantries built into the Oceania Suites, so dinners are served with all of the pizzazz that any any of the restaurants can manage. Acres of white linen, silver, crystal and flowers.

4. I know it is a lot of months (years actually) until this cruise, but I am gathering as much information about Oceania and the Riviera to share with the couples that we traditionally travel with to see if any want to join us.

Is there anything that you love about Oceania that you can share?

I am slowly reading the many Oceania threads that look like they have broad information or would pertain to our trip, but would welcome any insight you have to offer.

Ps. I think the Oceania website is easy to navigate and very user friendly.

We switched to Oceania after many Years with Cunard/Sitmar/Holland America because

the food, service and ambience brought us back to Cruising the way that it was in the early 1970's.

Enjoy your cruise, you are in for a treat

2 We usually book with O Life (without air) and we like the free internet and the value of included excursions more than OBC or drinks package (as we don't drink)

3 Dinners will be served as you wish - with a white table cloth and course by course. You can dine in as often as you wish from any restaurant.

4 We like most things on Oceania but really enjoy Jacques and afternoon tea.

Hope you'll enjoy your first o cruise.

We switched to Oceania after many Years with Cunard/Sitmar/Holland America because

the food, service and ambience brought us back to Cruising the way that it was in the early 1970's.

Enjoy your cruise, you are in for a treat

Had other things to do in the early 70's little kids, etc. but sure like what O does now. So I guess we are doing the right thing in trying to recreate the way things were on some of the better ships in the past. Thanks for helping us. Good stuff.

Heartfelttraveler

Are you on the Oct 19 2019 sailing? If so we must be neighbors. I booked suite 11083 for this trip. It will be our first Oceania cruise. If so, I look forward to meeting you.

We are and we will be neighbors. It is our first Oceania cruise also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have only done four Oceania cruises but I never book with air. I get the OBC vs tours. I found last winter my OBC paid fir my drinks abs trips to the spa. I rarely book tours thru any ship. If I do I can use my credit to pay for it,

My next Oceania cruise I can fly for less than what he shipmeven gave me credit for. So it is a win win.

• 2 weeks later...
Way to start on Oceania for both of you - congrats.

That’s the good news; the bad news is it will be very hard to go down from there :D

I agree. After Oceania, it has been VERY hard for us to do anything lower. We did one, and spent the whole time going "On Oceania, they did [this] and it was much better. :D I like being spoiled the way I am traveling with Oceania. We are doing our first PH suite this next time (have been Concierge before) and I have a feeling we'll be spoiled again.

Ann

We left 11083 on Marina on Tuesday (11/21) and immediately missed the beds ... we stayed at a 3* hotel in Barcelona where we have stayed before, but oh my, that bed was hard and even with extra pillows, they just squashed flat ...

I love the deck on the aft OCs.

Mura

We left 11083 on Marina on Tuesday (11/21) and immediately missed the beds ... we stayed at a 3* hotel in Barcelona where we have stayed before, but oh my, that bed was hard and even with extra pillows, they just squashed flat ...

I love the deck on the aft OCs.

Mura

Hi Mura

Have booked 11083 for a cruise in August 2019,but next year have booked 12010, I have read comments on 11083,but have you had experience with 12 th deck OC's on 12010 side? Appreciate your comparison

I'm not an expert on the Deck 12 OCs, I'm afraid. I did visit one a while back (we were invited to a cocktail party in one of them) and my recollection that the space in the room itself was lovely, especially the full second bathroom, but I missed the wrap-around deck that comes with the aft suites. I know others may differ on that! But for us a full second bathroom really isn't a priority and that wrap around deck IS.

We did have one of the Deck 12 OCs booked for this year but cancelled that cruise, so I'm afraid I'm of no help. No doubt others will weigh in.

Mura

Thanks Mura

Hoping will get some comments from those who have been on deck 12 OC suites ;

actually put wrong #,the correct suite # booked is 12011,NOT 12010

I see you have altered the cabin number....I was going to say that we are booked into 12010 for January 2018 and can let you know.I expect 12011 is the same except opposite way round and different balcony view.

We chose the 12th deck because I cannot bear anything that could be potentially loud above me.We chose the quiet spa treatment rooms above us instead of the gym.

I LOVE large,aft and wraparound balconies but after a disaster being under a lido food hall on Princess,I cannot take the chance.Some people don't hear the things I hear.I am a poor sleeper.With that in mind we have also told our TA that we do not want an upgrade to Vista should one become available.Even if free.(Taking into account that all outdoor furniture has to be tied down on sea days of which we have a lot)

As I say,our choice was because we want as much peace as possible from a very hectic working life at home.

It is our first big suite and we are so excited.

Hi Mura

Have booked 11083 for a cruise in August 2019,but next year have booked 12010, I have read comments on 11083,but have you had experience with 12 th deck OC's on 12010 side? Appreciate your comparison

I was in the room next to it, 12008. What is it you want to know? They're great, no noise, secluded, should be fairly smooth, depending on ocean. Very little traffic in that area, rooms underneath, Spa treatment rooms above. Balcony is fairly long but not at all deep. It's close to the bar.

I was in the room next to it, 12008. What is it you want to know? They're great, no noise, secluded, should be fairly smooth, depending on ocean. Very little traffic in that area, rooms underneath, Spa treatment rooms above. Balcony is fairly long but not at all deep. It's close to the bar.

Thanks Orv, asking for comparison ,12011 vs. 11083.....Apparently balcony deeper and better on 11083,wonder if there is any "factor" more positive in 12011.....

thanks for any comments and opinions

Thanks Orv, asking for comparison ,12011 vs. 11083.....Apparently balcony deeper and better on 11083,wonder if there is any "factor" more positive in 12011.....

thanks for any comments and opinions

x_002114.jpg

The Veranda's of the aft Oceania Suites are probably 5x wider than those on Deck 12 but they are not any deeper (I'm defining depth here as the distance from the outer cabin wall to the veranda railing).

201233.jpg

12011 is in a very quiet, very rarefied section of the ship. There are only 16 cabins up there, so once you pass the glass doors at the end of the hallway, it feels VERY EXCLUSIVE. You're also much more convenient to the Elevators.

11083 is our favorite cabin, but it IS a trek to get there.

x_020635.jpg

The deck 12 Suites have a door from the bedroom to the Veranda, we missed that on Deck 11.

The wet bars in the Deck 12 Suites are far larger than on deck 12, we were able to use it as a buffet as well as a bar while entertaining.

The Deck 12 Oceania Suites have a full second bath while the deck 11 Suites are bath and a half.

The wet bars in the Deck 12 Suites are far larger than on deck 12, we were able to use it as a buffet as well as a bar while entertaining.

Jim,as you mentioned the above,may I ask how you go about organising a buffet or canapés in your suite for others? Do we book through our butler? What is the charge per person?

Thank you.

Thank you Jim for a very helpful (as always) description and explanation.

since it is just my wife and I only, the 2nd full bathroom is not important, but I see there are some other positives

thanks again,

lol. It is for us. That’s why we will be on deck 12

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

1. I booked an aft Oceania Suite and was told the main differences between the aft and Deck 11 Oceania Suites are that the aft is only 1 1/2 baths vs two full baths, and the aft deck is larger. Any other differences?]

We are booked in a deck 12 Oceania Suite next year, but haven't yet had the privilege. However, we did meet some folks in the 11th deck aft suite recently, and the scraping of the chairs and tables early in the morning and late in the evening from the Terrace deck immediately above drove them crazy. I agree the deck aft is lovely, much like the owner's suite decks on the R class--lots of room and great views. So perhaps it depends on itinerary.