On Zuiderdam now...no music by the pool.

ConnCruise

nice cruise, but with four sea days they have only the faintest music playing by the mid ship pool. We get that this crowd is old, (we are in our 60s, hardly spring chickens) but why does it need to be so Sunday at the old age home. I just asked the bar tender if they could turn up the volume, and he pretty much reacted with horror, saying folks would get mad?! Says they’re sleeping, but I don’t see that.

Seriously like the ship and staff, but they need to liveen things up just a tad. Doesn’t have to be Carnival, but it doesn’t need to be Sunday afternoon at the old age home either.

Just off Eurodam and the music was disconcerting. Sometimes on, sometimes off; sometimes loud, sometimes softer. Consistency, for me, is key. Around the Lido Pool, the sound can echo a bit and it is off-putting. More appropriate, would be music around the Sea View Pool.

Jim

One of the nicer things on Oceania and other lines is the absence of obtrusive music. As a passionate listener I bring my own music and head phones; it is relaxing to play my own and when tired of that to appreciate the absence of some other people’s apparent choices. Also better for reading or conversing with other people. I hope Noordam has quiet time at their pool on my upcoming cruise.

We also like piece and quiet when we are sitting by the pool and reading.

We do wish HAL would bring back a couple of pool games that they used to have -- like trying to hit a golf ball in a ring or diving for the silverware.

The games were fun .. build a ship, horse racing Passport to Fi tness , but of course, that was before they made so many crew cuts. There is no cruise staff f to run those games now.

nice cruise, but with four sea days they have only the faintest music playing by the mid ship pool. We get that this crowd is old, (we are in our 60s, hardly spring chickens) but why does it need to be so Sunday at the old age home. I just asked the bar tender if they could turn up the volume, and he pretty much reacted with horror, saying folks would get mad?! Says they’re sleeping, but I don’t see that.

Seriously like the ship and staff, but they need to liveen things up just a tad. Doesn’t have to be Carnival, but it doesn’t need to be Sunday afternoon at the old age home either.

Time to move up to Oceania. Live music poolside on sea days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with the OP...a bit of music, not of the "elevator" variety, is nice! Not talking about ear-splitting, but background, loud enough to hear is fabulous! Get your foot a'tapping....put some rhythm in your step! When I'm reading, I can do so with music in the background....just adds some "ambiance" to the setting!

(y)(y)

I'm with the OP...a bit of music, not of the "elevator" variety, is nice! Not talking about ear-splitting, but background, loud enough to hear is fabulous! Get your foot a'tapping....put some rhythm in your step! When I'm reading, I can do so with music in the background....just adds some "ambiance" to the setting!

(y) (y) (y)

It appears that this is one case where HAL reacted to numerous complaints about loud music on deck. I vote with the majority here but I also don't like loud background music in restaurants and shopping malls. I was once told that the music entices folks to purchase more. I wish someone would explain to me how that works as the loud music only motivates me to leave the premises as soon as possible.