SD II Jan 4-13 STT to BGI

Rzanjo

Hey all! Mindi and I are looking at this trip. All suites are booked, yet all staterooms are still available. Does that mean anything, like owner friends/family?

This one looked good partly for 2 full days in Barths plus a day in Mustique while anchored in Bequia. Never been there or to St. Lucia.

Is there any way to ascertain which staff will be on SD II for this voyage - Gareth, etc.. I suppose it won't matter. We always have a great time.

Come join us!

John and Mindi Z.

Hi John,

We are also booked on this voyage.

I am also curious as to who from SD will be onboard, but I don't know any way to determine that except to post during the cruise preceding ours and ask someone on board to tell us. Whomever is aboard, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

We are flying in to St Thomas the morning of the cruise, as we couldn't find anyplace to stay on St Thomas. Not ideal and not really our choice, but we didn't know what else to do. We had been booked at the Ritz but they cancelled us immediately after the hurricane.

Looking forward to meeting you and Mindi.

Zimmy, The last time we stayed at the Ritz, as well. We were given that same info, so by booked the day of - flight arrives at 14:27. So excited to meet you! It will be our 3rd seadream. Or fourth? We are excited to meet you! We always have the best time and meet great new friends!

I agree John. We have met many wonderful people through the years on SD. I don't know how many voyages we have taken - maybe 15 or so.

Our flight from Miami arrives around 2 o'clock also. We're on American. We are spending four days on Miami Beach - the four days we had planned to spend on St Thomas.

Just confirmed all reservations. Coming in on Delta, out on American. So excited! A little worried about Mindi shopping for 2 full days in St. Barts, but, otherwise, can’t wait! Our flight lands at 2:15, so will be a little late to board. Flight out of BGI at 5pm, so will need to find somewhere to go for the day. Our 3 kids are super excited too!

Just kidding, they are bummed to have to stay home again.

Can’t wait to meet at TOY and at the piano bar!

-John and Mindi

• 5 weeks later...

Merry Christmas! We will be on the St thomas to Barbados as well! And looking forward to some SD time! We normally go to Caneel, or the Ritz. But we are staying at Point Pleasant who just got electricity on December 16th. Our friends who are on SD now, stayed at a darling B & B right in Charlotte Amalie. So we plan to spend the night before boarding. Really excited!

Merry Christmas! We will be on the St thomas to Barbados as well! And looking forward to some SD time! We normally go to Caneel, or the Ritz. But we are staying at Point Pleasant who just got electricity on December 16th. Our friends who are on SD now, stayed at a darling B & B right in Charlotte Amalie. So we plan to spend the night before boarding. Really excited!

We look forward to meeting you, cburger100. I hope that you enjoy your time at Point Pleasant.

Since you have friends onboard now, do you know which ship officers are currently onboard?

Happy Holidays! Bartender Greg from SDI has moved over to be the activity director on SDII. Alex is there dealing blackjack. Nicholi is the maitre d. I heard we may have a new captain. Will be in St. Barth at the same time as SD I. We have plans to meet up with Gareth and Antonia while there. Can’t wait to meet you and to enjoy SD again!

-John and Mindi

Our friends on SD for the Christmas sailing said the new captain was from a larger ship, and kind of quiet. They ran into Gareth in St Barths as well! They all said everything was great. They are flying home to COLD weather today. I am glad we are flying in the night before as Florida will get hit with bad weather Wed. Safe travels!

So, we arrived in Miami Beach on New Year’s Eve, hoping to make up for our loss of a four-day stay on St. Thomas. AYYY. We could have stayed in Chicago. It has been cold and raining, and we have barely left our hotel room. But tomorrow am we fly to STT.:cool:

I learned yesterday, around noon, that our 6am flight to STT on January 4th was actually on January 3rd. I panicked, called Delta - hold times were “over 2 hours..”. I checked online. All flights to STT were ‘unavailable’. Delta later verified this.

I notified Mindi and called Amex travel hoping they could find us a room for tonight.

The only vacancy was at the Starz Hotel. The agent said it was close to the port and airport.

We made our flight this morning.

We arrived at our hotel less than an hour ago. I don’t have words for this room. It is the polar opposite of the Ritz.

imagejpeg

Fingers crossed we don’t get bedbugs or burglarized. And we will be the first on board SeaDream tomorrow, guaranteed!

See you soon!!!

John and Mindi

OMG, John. That is always one of my travel nightmares. For this trip Zimmy and I were both confused, thinking we had to fly down to STT on Wednesday, although knowing the cruise starts on Thursday. My contingency plan was to get arrested so we could spend the night in jail. Of course, we’ve been confused ever since we changed over to the Gregorian calendar.

As for bedbugs, we expect that you will immediately avail yourselves of the shower at the top of the gangplank. And I presume we will be able to find you at the TOY until your nerves finally settle.

Can you check out and come over to St John (the ferries leave every hour from Red Hook until this evening) and spend the night - call Gallows Point 340-776-6434 or Cruz Bay Boutique Hotel 340-775-7964 Good luck (I live on St John and have never heard of Starz Hotel)

Pia

After an on time arrival at STT on Thursday, it was a quick cab ride to the pier and boarding SD2. It was very clean and welcoming, particularly after a less than delightful experience in Miami Beach. Next two days were at St Barts, where we were happy to see most of the stores have reopened. The shops along the waterfront were hit the hardest, but those a block up were okay.

Despite the weather in St Barts (rain with occasional sun), we have managed to do every dinner on deck 4. Especially enjoyed last night’s company.

Today is Nevis where we walked to the Four Seasons for lunch. Beautiful property.

New captain seems good, but is still feeling his way around. Mostly sailed cargo ships, but came to SD from Viking.

About 62 passengers. Ship feels very empty, but it is nice to see the crew not having to work as hard as a full ship would require.

If Avery is following, Roll Tide.

TrapperZimmy,

Has it been windy for dinner where you need a jacket or wrap?

Last night was the first night dinner was served topside, but we have been eating on deck 4 aft every night. That area is sheltered so it hasn’t been windy at all. Quite comfortable in a short sleeve shirt.

Did find it windy last night when Zimmy dragged me up to the forward Bali bed. She obviously forgot the last time when I said I never ever wanted to do that again. 2am was the limit. Too light...Too noisy...Too windy. (n)