NYC 3 days Pre-cruise ideas with a 13month old

ylojerseygirl

Hi,

We have 3 days in NYC for sightseeing before our cruise. It will be February, and we are bringing a stroller and wearable carrier. What are some family friendly ideas for sightseeing, restaurants, tours etc? We are staying near Columbus Circle and appreciate any and all ideas!!

We are a family of 6 adults and a 13month old. This will be our first cruise with baby, and we're pretty excited. I'm loving the tips on this board, like bringing a mini inflatable pool!

No need for tours - the nice thing is you can see so much by walking or taking the subway. Depending on your interests, I'd definitely include one day wandering Central Park - so much to see; one day Downtown - ride the free Staten Island Ferry (stroller friendly) for views of the Statue of Liberty; one evening in Times Square.

Several museums (the Met) are stroller friendly and do some programming for children. There is also a children’s museum on Central Park West in the 70s, but since DD is only 5 months old, we haven’t made it there yet.

Also, if you are going to brave Times Square in the evening with a stroller, try to do it at a time when shows aren’t near starting or letting out, as the sidewalks get very jammed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

30 Rockefeller Plaza - you can go to the "top of the Rock" to see nice views of the city and the line is much smaller than the Empire State Building. There you can see people ice skating also, and Radio City Music Hall is nearby. New York of course has many museums and they will all be kid friendly. (I like the Metropolitan museum of art, MOMA is also easily accessible), there is a zoo in Central Park and one in the Bronx. In Brooklyn, go to Prospect Park! There is a lovely zoo and nearby Botanical Garden.

• 3 weeks later...