Triumph need to be scrapped

Jimmy Geegitz

I would never book a cruise on this tub. Ship is jinxed. Carnival should dump this piece of junk for whatever they can get and put the $100 towards a new ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noticed you haven't cruised on her.Are you just "piling on" from the last cancellation frustration or have they cancelled the 12/4 cruise as well?

I love the comparisons people are making to a car breaking down ocassionally. No, this is more like when you drive your car into the ditch and break it.

How is that? What do you know about the problem? I've heard it's a pitch control problem, nothing to do with any previous problem.

Noticed you haven't cruised on her.Are you just "piling on" from the last cancellation frustration or have they cancelled the 12/4 cruise as well?

Free form bashing is easy and requires no facts.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

(y)(y)

and agree with jimbo,,op why??? exactly.? your sudden ire and wrath with this ship? Just wondering.

reasons for your post might make us understand where you are coming from...I mean other than where you are... LOL

What is a pitch control problem?

The propellers are controllable pitch, which means that the "angle" of the blades changes to change the amount the propeller moves the ship per revolution. This is controlled by hydraulics to a mechanical linkage that moves all four propeller blades the same amount. Apparently, they can only get the propeller to 20% of its pitch, or power, so there is some work to be done on the propeller underwater.

The propellers are controllable pitch, which means that the "angle" of the blades changes to change the amount the propeller moves the ship per revolution. This is controlled by hydraulics to a mechanical linkage that moves all four propeller blades the same amount. Apparently, they can only get the propeller to 20% of its pitch, or power, so there is some work to be done on the propeller underwater.

So were talking roughly how long of a dry dock to repair ? I know in the past they talked about putting a little Sunshiny on her but that fell apart when Sunshine didn't take off like they thought it would.

I would never book a cruise on this tub. Ship is jinxed. Carnival should dump this piece of junk for whatever they can get and put the $100 towards a new ship.

Thank you for your for another tremendous contribution to Cruise Critic!:evilsmile:

we have cruised on Triumph twice...the first time was a year or 2 after the fire and then again just this last September. Love this ship. I don't think it is jinxed, just normal wear and tear on machinery, could happen to a newer one as well. I would actually book again on this ship.

So were talking roughly how long of a dry dock to repair ? I know in the past they talked about putting a little Sunshiny on her but that fell apart when Sunshine didn't take off like they thought it would.

The repairs can, and apparently have, been done in the water using divers, depending on what is actually causing the pitch to stop at 20%. I've seen repairs that needed remachining of the inside of the propeller hub, which required drydocking, that were done in under a week, and most of that time was shipping the hub to a place where it could be machined.

Yes.

Carnival

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH

DECEMBER 4, 2017

December 3, 2017

Dear Carnival Triumph Guest,

We want to provide you with an update on your Carnival Triumph cruise for tomorrow.

The ship experienced a technical issue on the previous cruise and repositioned to Mobile so we could perform the necessary work. This has now been completed and our plan is to depart for New Orleans later today. We expect to arrive tomorrow afternoon and we will provide you with an update by 9:00 AM (CST) tomorrow.

In the meantime, please sign up for text alerts by texting CCL1 to CRUISE (278473) to receive updates. Please do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you have heard from us.

We apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters Signature

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers