Norfolk

Ships without a home so Far

Panorama

Horizon

Triumph

Miracle

Ledgend

Spirit

Spirit is in Australia year round. Legend is out of Seattle May-early September and Australia the rest of the year, with a cruise out of Honolulu and a cruise out of Vancouver on either end. I don't see the Spirit leaving Australia. I think it is possible for the Legend to stay in Australia year round.

Triumph will likely go back into service from her 2019 drydock at Port Everglades. Carnival Corporation has to deliver on a certain passenger volume annually, so Port Everglades won’t be left without a ship. If Triumph gets “Sunshined” then you may see her sent seasonally to New York.

Miracle should stay in Tampa, as the only other ships that fit there are in the Fantasy and Spirit classes, and it wouldn’t make sense to replace the Miracle in Tampa so soon with a ship currently in Australia.

Horizon should stay in Miami throughout Summer 2019 since Panorama won’t be in North America until November or December.

I would expect Splendor to be deployed seasonally in Alaska and Australia, with her moving to Sydney or Brisbane in late 2019. Magic then heads to Long Beach to take over the 7-day Mexican Riviera routes. Since P&O Australia is now getting Golden Princess as a year-round ship instead of a seasonal Australia/Alaska ship like she is now, that leaves a hole for seasonal Alaska service. The only difference will be that those routes are served by Carnival Splendor instead of Golden Princess.

Panaorma then slides into Miami to replace Magic or Conquest. She then heads to New York for Summer 2020 when the first XL class ship comes online and then moves to Miami for the winter and Horizon moving to Port Canaveral. The first XL Ship then spends Summer 2021 in New York with Panorama staying in Miami.

Here's my guess:

A 'Sunshined' Triumph does the 'east coast swing' itinerary (Port Canaveral, Norfolk, NYC) while Horizon goes to Lauderdale and Panorama goes to Miami. Miracle remains in Tampa because she fits under the Sunshine bridge. Legend and Spirit are foreign or part-time US boats at this point.

The original list doesn't account for Magic. I believe she's going to be in Miami filling a hole only until Panorama arrives. They she'll head west to Long Beach in my opinion. And with the new canal, I see her passing through on a 14 day run in late '19. One could swap out Conquest in that scenario too.

But Isnt magic in Port Canaveral? Im Booked on her in Sept 2018.

Triumph will likely go back into service from her 2019 drydock at Port Everglades. Carnival Corporation has to deliver on a certain passenger volume annually, so Port Everglades won’t be left without a ship. If Triumph gets “Sunshined” then you may see her sent seasonally to New York.

Miracle should stay in Tampa, as the only other ships that fit there are in the Fantasy and Spirit classes, and it wouldn’t make sense to replace the Miracle in Tampa so soon with a ship currently in Australia.

Horizon should stay in Miami throughout Summer 2019 since Panorama won’t be in North America until November or December.

I would expect Splendor to be deployed seasonally in Alaska and Australia, with her moving to Sydney or Brisbane in late 2019. Magic then heads to Long Beach to take over the 7-day Mexican Riviera routes. Since P&O Australia is now getting Golden Princess as a year-round ship instead of a seasonal Australia/Alaska ship like she is now, that leaves a hole for seasonal Alaska service. The only difference will be that those routes are served by Carnival Splendor instead of Golden Princess.

Panaorma then slides into Miami to replace Magic or Conquest. She then heads to New York for Summer 2020 when the first XL class ship comes online and then moves to Miami for the winter and Horizon moving to Port Canaveral. The first XL Ship then spends Summer 2021 in New York with Panorama staying in Miami.

So an interesting question. Outside the 3 summer months, can Carnival support a ship in NYC? And even then, how big?

They tried it (year round sailing) and the answer was a resounding no. While the Dream class had issues in lining up for the ramps, it seems to be solved with the Vista class. I don't thin the physical size of the ships would be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The original list doesn't account for Magic. I believe she's going to be in Miami filling a hole only until Panorama arrives. They she'll head west to Long Beach in my opinion. And with the new canal, I see her passing through on a 14 day run in late '19. One could swap out Conquest in that scenario too.

Putting a brand new ship in Long Beach would be a pipe dream, I doubt they could support it.

Miracle I thought was confirmed for returning to year round service for Tampa.

New York will either get Horizon or Panamora seasonally or a Sunshined Triumph which could split its time between New York in the Summer and Port Everglades in the Winter?

XL 1 will probably stay year round in Miami, don't see her coming up here, but the real question is, is she fully LNG or a hybrid because only certain ports can handle LNG but I guess we will find out when AIDA (German line owned by Carnival CORP) gets their first LNG (AIDAnova) I believe in 2018 or 2019.

Personally, would love to see the Triumph or a Sunshine Triumph in NYC for 2019, would mark 10 years since I took my first cruise on her and overall.

So an interesting question. Outside the 3 summer months, can Carnival support a ship in NYC? And even then, how big?

Don't think they can honestly, when we had year round service briefly, it was the Miracle and then Splendor(?) but then Splendor(?) was dropped to seasonally, then we got the Sunshine (seasonally). Also with NCL going from the Breakaway to Escape probably to compete with Anthem they dominate the winter, and then add Celebrity with those 3 very hard for Carnival, but I hope they continue the 4/5 Day cruises to Canada.

Edited by CruiseAdict218

Hope you are correct about the Magic going to LGB.

I know Carnival said Dream would be joining Freedom and Vista in Galveston when they announced her move but I think something is going to be changed with them. Currently Freedom calls on Grand Cayman on every other Tuesday and Vista will call on every other Thursday when she moves there next year, but starting in May 2019 they will be changing. Freedom will be calling on every other Thursday and Vista on every other Wednesday. Could just be changing the order of stops on itineraries, I don't know.

And also for what its worth, Triumph is scheduled to begin calling on Grand Cayman every other Thursday beginning April 18, 2019 with a passenger count between that of a Conquest class ship and a Dream class ship which would fit with a "Sunshining" being done to her. Currently Conquest stops at Grand Cayman every other Thursday during the summer when she is doing 4 and 5 day trips. So if Triumph does go to Ft Lauderdale it looks like she will be doing 4 and 5 day year around. Seems to be the trend for Carnival this year, to bulk up on capacity on the 4-5 day trips so this just might be what happens. At the rate they are going they may just put the first of the XL ships on Sensations run from Miami. :o

I'm sure Miami will get XL first, but Port Canaveral is gearing up to support LNG as well due to Disney's new build ships, which will be LNG. It will be interesting to see what they place in Canaveral after Sunshine leaves to make the 8 day runs to the Southern Caribbean.

I'm sure Miami will get XL first' date=' but Port Canaveral is gearing up to support LNG as well due to Disney's new build ships, which will be LNG. It will be interesting to see what they place in Canaveral after Sunshine leaves to make the 8 day runs to the Southern Caribbean.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Big unanswered question. They've actually got two 'signature' slots to fill, Canaveral and Lauderdale. And I agree with what some others have said. The best Long Beach is going to do is Magic. There just aren't enough itineraries or cruisers on the left coast to warrant more.

Big unanswered question. They've actually got two 'signature' slots to fill, Canaveral and Lauderdale. And I agree with what some others have said. The best Long Beach is going to do is Magic. There just aren't enough itineraries or cruisers on the left coast to warrant more.

To many ships and to few ports ? Somebody wins ,somebody loses . Going to be interesting to see the final results.

The Fantasy class used to be the sole option for shorter, albeit cheaper per day as well option for Carnival cruisers and played a significant role in their marketing plan to diversify their products into as many home ports as they could. It is clear now that distinction has grayed significantly with more and more bigger, feature rich ships now doing shorter leg cruises and with I don't know this, I would wager rising the price (per night) for these types of cruises. Almost seems to be breaking the product into two separate groups....

Putting a brand new ship in Long Beach would be a pipe dream, I doubt they could support it.

Magic coming to Long Beach makes sense based on things we’ve heard.

Carnival is putting by some serious money into the Dome and a new parking structure.

Another poster reported john heald as saying 'sunny days are coming' when asked if Long Beach would be getting a new ship. It would make sense for a Sunshined Triumph to come out west. Whether it's The Magic, re-furnished Triumph, or a Conquest class ship, it would be nice to have a fresh choice on the West Coast.

Another poster reported john heald as saying 'sunny days are coming' when asked if Long Beach would be getting a new ship. It would make sense for a Sunshined Triumph to come out west. Whether it's The Magic, re-furnished Triumph, or a Conquest class ship, it would be nice to have a fresh choice on the West Coast.

Don't read between the lines with JH too much. I remember him once saying that there was sensational news for Mobile, and Fantasy showed up. Everybody got hung up on the word sensational and assumed he was talking about Sensation.

So Far, Confirmed for 2019-2020 is:

Miami: Victory, Sensation, Conquest

Port Canaveral: Liberty, Elation, Breeze

Tampa: Paradise

Jacksonville: Ecstasy

Charleston: Sunshine

Baltimore: Pride

Mobil: Fantasy

New Orleans" Valor, Glory

Galveston: Freedom, Vista, Dream

Long Beach: Inspiration, Imagination, Splendor till late 2019

San Juan: Fascination

Home ports without ships so far...

Port Everglades

New York

Norfolk

Ships without a home so Far

Panorama

Horizon

Triumph

Miracle

Ledgend

Spirit

I had heard the Elation was replacing the Sunshine (which sucks) but glad to hear the Breeze is now coming to PC.

Horizon is going to Miami (I'm booked on her).