Opinions on Marriott's BeachPlace Towers and Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale

Banana15

Hey Everyone,

I currently have two reservations in Ft. Lauderdale for after our cruise. It's only for one night, but I'd like to be at the beach since we'll be there all day. My options are:

1) 1 King bed waterview room. It has corner windows, which is really nice, but no balcony. That's at Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale and it's $189 per night.

2) 1 King Balcony room. That's at BeachPlace Towers and is $197 per night. I am showing they have some refurbishments that start two days before we get there. I'm not too concerned about it, but I've never stayed somewhere with construction going on, so I don't know how bad it is.

Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels that can offer opinions? It seems like the balcony room would be nicer, but it's cheaper and I'm not sure if that's because the place isn't as nice or maybe even just because of the construction.

I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale, so I don't know if there is a difference in the "area" even thought they are fairly close to one another. I don't need anything super fancy, just don't want to stay somewhere that isn't clean.