Busan Hop On Hop Off

Pacificana

We are going to be in Busan for the first time on June 6th, from 10 am to 6 pm, and would like to use a HOHO bus to get an overview of the city. Has anyone done it before and could give me some info? Is there a bus stop near the port? Is there a Tourist information office there to get a Busan Stamp Tour leaflet? I read there are three lines. Which line is the most interesting? Which goes to Jagalchi fish market? What is the best way to combine at least two of them? Thank you!

We are going to be in Busan for the first time on June 6th, from 10 am to 6 pm, and would like to use a HOHO bus to get an overview of the city. Has anyone done it before and could give me some info? Is there a bus stop near the port? Is there a Tourist information office there to get a Busan Stamp Tour leaflet? I read there are three lines. Which line is the most interesting? Which goes to Jagalchi fish market? What is the best way to combine at least two of them? Thank you!

I've done it, and I think it's a good value for a first-time overview. When I did it last, there were only 2 routes. There was a stop at the National Maritime Museum (next to the cruise terminal) and they intersected at Busan Station.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t used the HOHO, but looked at the HOHO routes (red and blue), and think it does a good job of covering the main highlights of Busan. I did like the fish market area (actually I preferred the area across the main road from the fish market). It’s an interesting place to walk around and has many great cafes. There’s even a cat cafe where you can have a drink with one of their pet cats. One of my favourite snacks in Busan was deep fried dough sprinkled in sugar and cinnamon for a cost of about $1. You might see them being sold by street vendors. This area is about a 1/2 hour from the port by a direct shuttle or taxi. There was a tourist booth by the port, but I don’t know about the stamp leaflet. The maritime museum is pretty much at the port. Centum City would be a great place to hop off for some shopping. From what I recall though, it is quite far from the port (maybe 45 min- 1 hour direct) and lots of traffic. Budget your time.

Whilst we were in Busan, we winged it and had a brilliant day. Caught the shuttle into the city centre and went downstairs to the railway line. Caught the train to Dadaepo Beach and explore the coastline there. Was a great experience exploring the parklands and the beach area. We even watched a "blessing of the fishing fleet" pantomine

• 2 months later...

We just did Busan and were shocked at the beautiful sights we saw. I lucked upon a tour operator that I found on the internet, but ended up seeing more than I expected for sure (since I didn't know what to expect). We saw a mountain temple, the urban beach in Busan, an island hike with glass see through bridge, the tiered old homes that looked like santorilli (Sp?), and the international market. This far far far exceeded my expectations. It was my families favourite port of the cruise.

We ended up lucking upon a husband and wife tour team who were delightful. Don't know protocol here, so apologies if this is inappropriate. Her contact is jinee225@naver.com Delightful! We had a break from cruising (last was British Isles 3 years ago) but cruises 15+ cruises before kids, and with young kids and this honestly was one of my most unexpected surprises!

Enjoy!