LCV changes?

laurieb

See this thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2565231

A poster talked about new benefits for booking onboard where there is no LCV discount. After several posts, it was discovered that this is a trial and people had the option of taking the LCV discount or the new package. But the fact that it was a trial and people had the option was not well known so folks here are theorizing that corporate is skewing the results by directing people to choose the new package to claim it was more popular.

That led to a lot of discussion about the LCV program being worthless without that benefit but there are no announced plans to make changes. If they do drop the discount they would have to make changes or definitely have one of the industry's worst programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm on Journey just now its the current LCV package (discount off fares) that is being promoted. There has been no mention of the other version in any fliers sent to the room

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to confirm on Journey just now its the current LCV package (discount off fares) that is being promoted. There has been no mention of the other version in any fliers sent to the room

Hmmm, interesting and good to hear. I was disappointed that the trial was introduced the way it was as the only option available. Looks like this has been addressed.

Phil

Hmmm, interesting and good to hear. I was disappointed that the trial was introduced the way it was as the only option available. Looks like this has been addressed.

Phil

We boarded December 1 and the long-standing LCV discount option was definitely "available."

We boarded December 1 and the long-standing LCV discount option was definitely "available."

Yes. It looks like the trial is less hard push now from the report by uktog. My issue was at the start they promoted the trial as the only option and this is what they were told to do on the ship. Where that directive came from I don't know. I guess from Miami. I think that is a very poor tactic.

Phil

Yes the difference is that the promotion is being more fairly and evenly handed. I think the early issue was also the interpretation by one individual which hopefully has been nipped in the bud.

I can also confirm that the LCV discount is being offered on Quest with no mention of anything else.

I'm told the test showed a very high percentage of new bookings chose the LCV discount offer, so the "packages" offer has been dropped. Top tier members overwhelmingly chose the LCV discount, while some at lower LCV levels opted for the packages (no surprise there).

I'd be surprised if other offers aren't tried at some future date. That's what marketing organizations do.

I'm told the test showed a very high percentage of new bookings chose the LCV discount offer, so the "packages" offer has been dropped. Top tier members overwhelmingly chose the LCV discount, while some at lower LCV levels opted for the packages (no surprise there).

I'd be surprised if other offers aren't tried at some future date. That's what marketing organizations do.

That’s good news!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s good news!

I couldn't quite understand the trial because it rewarded those with less loyalty and penalised those with more. The whole thing including its introduction was just odd. If they do decide on doing another trial I hope they think it through more.

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't quite understand the trial because it rewarded those with less loyalty and penalised those with more. The whole thing including its introduction was just odd. If they do decide on doing another trial I hope they think it through more.

Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed it was Phil, which is why Peter posted back in November on a previous thread https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2565231&page=4 which seems to have been replaced by this one.

One can only wonder what the outcome may have been if what we now know as the "trial" offer continued to be the only one to be offered as it was at the time of his posting.

We are pleased Azamara has taken note of the thoughts and feelings of loyal cruisers and retained those benefits which appeared to be in jeopardy! :D :D

Trish

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Quest. The booking on board offers have increased by 1%. We are Discoverer and the future cruise discount is now 6% off the net price less taxes and the OBC $300 if you book a confirmed sailing during the first half of your cruise. It reverts to $200 after that. Reduced deposit still available up to Balcony.

Bonnie. Please advise was this a temporary promotion or a permanent change. If permanent it’s disappointing that the loyal guests who stuck by Azamara in their difficult years are missing out unless there is something else in the pot for them.

We booked while on board Journey the LVC discount given and no choice was mentioned. This was Dec 22

When I booked on the Journey in November, I was given the option either to book under the LCV discount or under a new offer, which was being introduced (I do not remember now that offer, but it was not very favorable to LCV members ). I took the LCV discount.

So now people complain when Azamara increases LCV benefits for some. [scratching my head.]

If you are referring to me yes I am complaining if it’s a permanent change without any small change for others. I am reflecting that Azamara are prioritising chasing newer customers over retaining loyalty.

Scratch away .....I’m scratching too but for a different reason.

Just off Quest. The booking on board offers have increased by 1%. We are Discoverer and the future cruise discount is now 6% off the net price less taxes and the OBC $300 if you book a confirmed sailing during the first half of your cruise. It reverts to $200 after that. Reduced deposit still available up to Balcony.

I wonder if this is just a local and temporary initiative on Quest or whether it goes across the ships and permanent. I’m not too happy either if it’s true what cadcruiser says. Not that 1% makes a huge difference. Just the principle. Giving an extra $100 OBC if you book in the first half of the cruise smacks as desperate to me and has a cheap feel. Not Azamara.

Phil

I wonder if this is just a local and temporary initiative on Quest or whether it goes across the ships and permanent. I’m not too happy either if it’s true what cadcruiser says. Not that 1% makes a huge difference. Just the principle. Giving an extra $100 OBC if you book in the first half of the cruise smacks as desperate to me and has a cheap feel. Not Azamara.

Phil

Not Azamara?. I am not so sure about that anymore given recent marketing gimmicks.

Quest seems to be the testbed for marketing gimmicks at present. Be interesting to hear from recent guests on Journey. Yes it’s the principle and more importantly the message it sends re their marketing strategy that interests me most.

Bonnie. Please advise was this a temporary promotion or a permanent change. If permanent it’s disappointing that the loyal guests who stuck by Azamara in their difficult years are missing out unless there is something else in the pot for them.

Would you be able to indicate what perks would be acceptable or a deal breaker to those of you with higher LCV status? Other than internet offers, laundry and % discounts. Are there any other areas that you feel the loyalty could be rewarded?

Could be opening a hornets nest here! However it would help to know what your expectations are.

Would you be able to indicate what perks would be acceptable or a deal breaker to those of you with higher LCV status? Other than internet offers, laundry and % discounts. Are there any other areas that you feel the loyalty could be rewarded?

Could be opening a hornets nest here! However it would help to know what your expectations are.

At the highest level - Platinum I think it would be nice if the onboard benefits were nearer Celebrity. I accept there has to be an offset in the value of the onboard booking benefit which Celebrity doesn’t offer. Maybe a menu of choices. - say two from Unlimited Internet, unlimited laundry, upgraded drinks, booking discount etc. I also think as two of us have paid to develop loyalty the laundry perk should be per person not per room.