8 ships in Port Everglades today

BillOh

Nice! I believe there will be 7 or 8 ships in Port Everglades as well when I sail on Freedom in March...wonder if its the same ships as Freedom is sailing the same 6 night today that I will be sailing on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sitting in an Uber on 17th Street, in a Long line trying to get to and then through Security checkpoint to enter the terminal area. We have sat through three traffic light changes, can't make the left at the end of the Causeway because the traffic line is almost through the intersection. Freedom does not leave until 5:30, but I am getting antsy because I want to "get my cruise on"!

We are sitting in an Uber on 17th Street, in a Long line trying to get to and then through Security checkpoint to enter the terminal area. We have sat through three traffic light changes, can't make the left at the end of the Causeway because the traffic line is almost through the intersection. Freedom does not leave until 5:30, but I am getting antsy because I want to "get my cruise on"!

At least you are in Uber. I hate it when I'm in a taxi and watching the meter tick away while waiting to get into the port. There have been times when I've wanted to just get out and walk the rest of the way. I wish they had flat rates between the airport and the port.

Thanks everyone. We just got through the Security checkpoint but we are totally stopped, lines of cars in front of us. But yes, we are so lucky to be going on a cruise! I spent Monday through Thursday at business meetings in Bethesda MD and it was so cold! I even walked back to the hotel from a restaurant, and had snow flurries!

Traffic was bad last Saturday for our Freedom cruise. It was pouring rain which didn't help. Be thankful no rain because our suitcase was drenched inside even with me using trash bags to protect our things. Suitcase was dry until we gave it and $20 tip to the person at the luggage drop off at Freedom. Person said they would put the tarp over luggage racks to protect them...lol didn't happen. Spent 2 hours using hair dryer to dry out one suitcase full of clothes and the suitcase. The other suitcase wasn't as bad. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've only been there with 5 ships in port. I wondered about how this might be. Thanks.

None of the ships are leaving yet. Wonder how much the power outage, and ground halt, is affecting the departures. I know sitting in traffic is bad but can't imagine being delayed because of the ground stop in Atlanta!

5 of them have already sailed as now.

Nice! I believe there will be 7 or 8 ships in Port Everglades as well when I sail on Freedom in March...wonder if its the same ships as Freedom is sailing the same 6 night today that I will be sailing on

What website do you go to, to find what ships are there the day you sail? We leave on April 28, 2018. Cannot wait!!!

I wonder how much the terminal work at terminal 25 and Celebrity needing to check in at the Convention Center affected the traffic. Maybe there will be at least a space for a temporary checkin the next time there are 8 ships.

Roy