Come On Carnival - Change the Cooking Demo Menu, Please

sanmarcosman

We first enjoyed the Carnival cooking demonstration in 2011 and since then have given it a pass. Why? Because the menu is still the same. Baby Spinach with Bleu Crumbles, Chicken Breast in Mushroom Sauce and Tiramisu. Please don't misunderstand, we think the cooking demonstration is a nice feature of cruising with Carnival. We'd just like to learn how to prepare different meals and to sample new and exciting fare currently being offered in the steak houses. One of the purposes of this complimentary event is to promote the steak house. Mixing up the demo menus would draw us in more often both to the demo and opting to dine in the steak house one night.

How about you? Would you like to learn to prepare and sample different food selections at the cooking demonstrations?

I agree 100%

I wanted to do the demo last cruise but when I realized it was the same dishes I'd seen twice before, I passed on it.

I'd love to see how they make their cold soups, their Grand Marnier soufflé, their Shrimp Creole... any other dishes you all would like to see them show during their Cooking Demonstration?

We booked the Steak House after the demo to have the mushroom soup. But they don’t have the soup on the menu.

I agree they should change the demo menu. And have the demo more than once would also help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked the Steak House after the demo to have the mushroom soup. But they don’t have the soup on the menu.

I agree they should change the demo menu. And have the demo more than once would also help.

Wow, you've been a member for more than 10 years here and have posted only 246 times! I feel honored to have you post to my thread and thank you for sharing your opinion. :)

Best cooking demo we saw was on the Miracle MR Journeys Cruise a few years back. The items are still in the menu...scallops, coffee encrusted pork loin. Unfortunately I forget what was dessert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can neither confirm nor deny, but I heard they just changed the Chef's Table menu a month or 2 ago...

I had the new menu on the Breeze Halloween week..........but no way to know how long it takes for them to roll it out on all ships.......I was underwhelmed by it though :(

I agree. I would like to see a new menu. I went to the demo first I'm October and again in November in the valor. Now the food was excellent but I would like too see more choices. I would love to see scallops, a pork dish and something like stuffed mushrooms. The tiramisu can stay , it is phenomenal. Also would be nice to have it multiple days and times too. Maybe for the soups,a potato soup or bisque. I had the best lobster shrimp ravioli in the steakhouse and something like that would be good for advertising. The demo fills up quick so if you miss the time, it is not held again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums