Which is The better Balcony Deck/Not smelly on Pacific Explorer?

Ru2on

Hi all about to book a short cruise on the Pacific Explorer. I have read in the past a lot of comments about some balcony decks/cabins being very Smelly. Wondering if anyone can recommend the better deck or knows which are the decks/cabins to avoid

Hi all about to book a short cruise on the Pacific Explorer. I have read in the past a lot of comments about some balcony decks/cabins being very Smelly. Wondering if anyone can recommend the better deck or knows which are the decks/cabins to avoid

What sort of cabin are you looking to book ?

I’ve had balconies on decks 10, 11 and 12. I was on Explorer last July and previous trips were when she was Dawn Princess. Never had any bad smells , but could smell musty in different corridors that didn’t last long.

Each deck and cabin type has its own pros and cons.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A balcony cabin dont care if its aft front or middle, just not smelly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go for deck 10 then, it’s between 2 decks so will be quieter. There can sometimes be early morning scraping of deck chairs being put out on the pool deck above certain cabins on deck 11.

Deck 12 where there are only the cabins forward is a convenient location to the pool deck and The Pantry is just a flight of stairs directly above but again some cabins may be noisy when The Pantry is being set up. I enjoyed my cabin there, the noise above didn’t worry me, as I can’t recall it bothering me now .

Can’t pick which ones may be smelly as someone on the previous cruise may have put something they shouldn’t have into the plumbing causing a problem !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...