Butler Deprivation?

Observer

Whats wrong with smart slacks and a polo shirt.
I don’t think a properly trained Butler would ever want to wear such a uniform while working. A pool attendant, yes, but a Butler, never as it would degrade the professional position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone wants to know what is expected of them. Everyone wants to feel appreciated. It took me a while to adjust to the Butler System, but now I am fully on board. And..I have never, ever felt that any of the butlers assigned to my cabins have done their job for tips.

I have been reading this thread with extreme interest since it’s our first SS Cruise. At 85, my husband now has some difficulties when in a chaotic situation (which would describe the two of us trying to unpack the first day). I will request that our suite butler unpack for him. If that is all he did for us, I would be extremely grateful. I will be sure to reward him for helping my husband. What a service for people who face some confusion at times. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

• 5 weeks later...

I laughed outloud at the comment by cbelc (#58) re the 'crumb scraper'.... our 4th SS cruise is coming up on May 19.... we've not been since 2009 ... so this is a treat. But missing the 'crumb scraper' just made me giggle. We missed ours as well. The butlers in every cabin is something new since our last cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like!

Here's a thought. Bring all your dirty silver and have the butler polish it to give him something to do. After all, that's what the butler did on Downton Abbey.

THIS!! (and maybe clothing that needs some mending). [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums