Caribbean itinerary-sailing ship or motor yacht preferable?

susiesan

I am looking at January 2019 Caribbean cruises on Windstar. The Windsurf does 7 days RT St. Maarten and the Star Pride does 7 days San Juan to Bridgetown and Vice versa. Either intern would work since I have been to almost all of the ports before and Airfare to and from the cities is about the same.

For a 7 day Caribbean cruise which style ship is preferable? My area of concern is water sports and ease of docking/tendering. Prices are the same on both ships. I have not been on either, only on the Wind Star which I loved!

I prefer the open deck areas more on the wind ships for the sun and surf trips. However the star ships suites are nice. The tendering is from the back on the Star ships I believe versus tendering from the side down temporary stairs on the wind ships.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

My vote for the Caribbean is the Wind Ships. Great deck space everywhere. I like the lounge better because there are different spaces plus a handy bar. The outside dining I feel is better. Great swim platform. Getting iff and on at the dock or tendrrs about the same. The terrific sail away with the sails is magnificient. The motor yachts are nice but for the Caribbean it is sails all the way. Happy Sailing

My vote for the Caribbean is the Wind Ships. Great deck space everywhere. I like the lounge better because there are different spaces plus a handy bar. The outside dining I feel is better. Great swim platform. Getting iff and on at the dock or tendrrs about the same. The terrific sail away with the sails is magnificient. The motor yachts are nice but for the Caribbean it is sails all the way. Happy Sailing

This is what I was thinking. Boarding the tenders is from the side is no big deal as we are fit. Size and decor of cabin is way down the list of what is important; I do not need to have a suite or balcony. I wish one of the smaller ships was in the Caribbean next year as that would be my preference. I have already done Costa Rica on Wind Star so don't want to repeat that cruise.

We have not done the motor ships yet but we just loved the Wind Spirit and the Wind Surf. I have to say the sail away in the Caribbean with the sails and the music just makes my heart soar!

If the itinerary makes no difference, I'd vote for Wind Surf. It is bigger than Wind Spirit and gives you another area to eat dinner too. Which ever you choose, enjoy!