Prescription drugs in Japan

evfred

We are taking the 29 day cruise from Yokohama to Vancouver on HAL Volendam. We both take prescription medications for a number of different conditions. Are we going to have any trouble bringing these medications into Japan with us?

Thanks for any help you all can give us!

You should not have any problems, just take enough medication for the 29 days cruise and say 10% reserve and not as some people do a years supply.

I always take a mediation plan from my doctor, luckily never had to use it but could come in handy in an emergency. Also we take printed and scanned copies of the actual medication prescription.

I have a travel theory, as one gets older the weight of the luggage remains the same, but the clothes weight goes down while the mediaction goes up.:)

We are taking the 29 day cruise from Yokohama to Vancouver on HAL Volendam. We both take prescription medications for a number of different conditions. Are we going to have any trouble bringing these medications into Japan with us?

Thanks for any help you all can give us!

You might have trouble, or you might not. Japan lists a number of drugs commonly prescribed or available OTC in the US which are banned in Japan.

I'd recommend you read this: https://jp.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/doctors/importing-medication/

You'll want a copy of your prescriptions and perhaps a doctor's letter. Limit the number of pills to what is necessary for your trip.

No worries. I had no problem whatsoever entering into Japan and I’ve done it twice. A lot of countries list these warnings in their travelers advisories (like Australia does too) but it’s never ever been a problem so far...four continents, plus South Pacific, Caribbean islands.

I also keep rx bottles & for Aussie, but I don’t think Asia, brought along a pharmacy print out of my scrips. No one ever asked.

I think they’re really looking for stuff coming in big bulk, like mega bulk. Don’t worry :)