Are Elite Perks Generous Enough?

need2cruisesoon

My biggest issue with the Captain Circle Program is that it is based on Sea Days and Cruise Credits. It should be based on Sea Days Only. It is not fair to reach Elite status by doing a bunch of short cruises. Just saying...

I have to take a little exception to this. I still work so for the last 10 years I've taken two 7 day cruises a year on Princess. I have every right to be rewarded for my loyalty by reaching Elite through # of cruises as those who are retired, or otherwise able to take many more or much longer cruises.

Yes, but they have a limited selection. The four pairs of alcohol can be traded for more of another one. That is two scotch can be traded for two vodka. The same is true for the others, 2 cokes can be traded for 2 diet cokes. Cokes cannot be traded for scotch.

Taking care of our mini bar setup is at the top of the to do list for when we get on board. All Scotch, all diet coke, all Dos Equis. Life is simple.:halo:

We will not be at the Elite level until after our next cruise, but I think the Elite benefits are generous enough.

The only change I would make would be replacing the unlimited laundry benefit with one that has a generous limit. (Say 60 items depending on the length of the cruise). I believe some Elite level passengers are sending out laundry for their family and friends negatively impacting this benefit for the others.

I have to take a little exception to this. I still work so for the last 10 years I've taken two 7 day cruises a year on Princess. I have every right to be rewarded for my loyalty by reaching Elite through # of cruises as those who are retired, or otherwise able to take many more or much longer cruises.

The Captain's Circle and its perks are not meant to be fair. The are designed to encourage people to book with Princess. Using cruise credits as one method of attaining a higher level appeals to those who take short cruises. There are fewer of these shorter cruises, so the prices have risen.

We will not be at the Elite level until after our next cruise, but I think the Elite benefits are generous enough.

The only change I would make would be replacing the unlimited laundry benefit with one that has a generous limit. (Say 60 items depending on the length of the cruise). I believe some Elite level passengers are sending out laundry for their family and friends negatively impacting this benefit for the others.

I have long felt that a limit on laundry is the way to go. Give each Elite a limit of the number of items that can be cleaned each week. Make the limit reasonable, but low enough to reduce the family and friends abused.

I have long felt that a limit on laundry is the way to go. Give each Elite a limit of the number of items that can be cleaned each week. Make the limit reasonable, but low enough to reduce the family and friends abused.

Quite right and can be simply limited by a dollar amount per cruise.

I wish they would do something about elites sending extra laundry down. When there are several sizes of men's pants, da - something is wrong with this picture! Or children's items in with 80 year old people. It is time they start checking. Maybe a letter in each cabin stating their laundry privileges will be taken away forever if caught sending someone else's items to the laundry.

I also would not mind if they limit the number of items because I don't send much of mine down - especially nothing good. I wash out many of my things in the sink and hang them over the shower. dh wears all Tommy Bahama which I wash and just send down to press. Maybe à set dollar amount would be better than saying 30 or so garments. Items really vary in cost - 10 underwear is a lot different than 10 slacks. Let's say give each elite a set amount per day- say $10. So you would have $70 for a 7 day cruise or $280 for a 28 day cruise. If you go over that amount, then you would be charged for any item sent over that amount. I suppose they would have to allow the two to be combined in each cabin - hard to tell who owns what. Then what do they do when only one person in a cabin is elite? Well, I suppose they still gives the elite the dollar amount and then it is up to them if they want to throw their roommates items in instead of theirs.

My idea is to make passengers wear any items that don't seem to belong to them around the ship to show those items are really theirs.

As far as unlimited internet, we enjoyed it last month on the Regal. I'm hoping that when Ocean Medallion gets worked out on all the ships, perhaps Princess will bring it back.

Do you have to call to get the loyalty credit? We are sailing May 1st and this is my 22nd cruise with Princess. I do not see a loyalty credit on my booking. I see the shareholder credit, but not the loyalty credit.

The loyalty credit does not show up on your booking. It is taken care of by the captain circle representative on the ship and a voucher is left in your room the first day. It shows the amount of the credit but it doesn’t really tell you what it’s for. If you check your state room charges when you are on the ship it will be listed there with any other credit you have.You should get it on your 22nd cruise.

The loyalty credit does not show up on your booking. It is taken care of by the captain circle representative on the ship and a voucher is left in your room the first day. It shows the amount of the credit but it doesn’t really tell you what it’s for. If you check your state room charges when you are on the ship it will be listed there with any other credit you have.You should get it on your 22nd cruise.

Thank you, I figured there was a way!

Count us among those who love the current Elite benefits. We definitely use laundry, internet, afternoon tea, shop discount, and the Elite mini-bar (changing some items per our preferences). We would certainly like to see chocolate covered strawberries returned to the canapés selection. Priority boarding is also nice, but not always available.

What I would like to see on a higher tier is priority immediate seating in the Anytime Main Dining Rooms. With dietary issues with sugar levels, we often can't wait the 15-30 minutes waiting for a pager and will often revert to the buffet to get food sooner.

At this point, Princess’ only competition for my vacation funds is not another cruise line. It’s a land vacation.

And that is exactly like Carnival Corp (which owns Princess) views it.

Their main competition is not other cruise lines, but a land vacation. They figure that as long as the price of a cruise is less than a similar length land vacation, they can convince more and more people to cruise.

Pam, what is the Loyalty OBC? I"m Elite and I don't recall having ever received a Loyalty OBC with the exception of an OBC being offered with a promotion.

from an above post

Once you have 21 cruise credits, you get OBC every cruise. It starts at $US25 and tops out at $US100 for 52 or more cruise credits.

Count us among those who love the current Elite benefits. We definitely use laundry, internet, afternoon tea, shop discount, and the Elite mini-bar (changing some items per our preferences). We would certainly like to see chocolate covered strawberries returned to the canapés selection. Priority boarding is also nice, but not always available.

What I would like to see on a higher tier is priority immediate seating in the Anytime Main Dining Rooms. With dietary issues with sugar levels, we often can't wait the 15-30 minutes waiting for a pager and will often revert to the buffet to get food sooner.

WIth this being a Club Class perk that they charge for, I doubt they will give it away.

Do you have to call to get the loyalty credit? We are sailing May 1st and this is my 22nd cruise with Princess. I do not see a loyalty credit on my booking. I see the shareholder credit, but not the loyalty credit.

The loyalty credit will show up in your account but not until about 5 days prior to sailing. At least it's shown up on ours the lats 2 sailings this way. There is also a card left inside your cabin.

The loyalty credit will show up in your account but not until about 5 days prior to sailing. At least it's shown up on ours the lats 2 sailings this way. There is also a card left inside your cabin.

Same for us, it shows up 5 days before the sailing date.

The one thing I would like to see is being able to make reservations in anytime before boarding the ship, or being able to make them on the ship for the time you want - not just 5:30 or 7:00 like they seem to do now ( and also being able to make them the day before, not waiting for the dine line to open in the morning).

Booked with NCL and was able to make reservations before the cruise - after dealing with Princess "anytime" it was a welcome benefit.

The one perk I would like added is priority SHORE to SHIP tender embarkation; this would cost Princess nothing.

I've been saying that for years now & most people on this board seem to be against the idea. I'm not sure why since as you say it wouldn't cost Princess a dime. :)

I've been saying that for years now & most people on this board seem to be against the idea. I'm not sure why since as you say it wouldn't cost Princess a dime. :)

While it sounds like a good idea, I think there may be problems with all the complaints from the non-priority people. I think they would have to be very strict and not let any hangers on to go with the qualifying individual.

The one perk I would like added is priority SHORE to SHIP tender embarkation; this would cost Princess nothing.

Then when 500 Elites show up and cut the line you might have a riot on your hands :evilsmile:, don't flame me but I'd be upset with 100's of line cutters.

Leaving the ship is a bit different and you don't really notice a few elites joining the end of the line.

just my2cents

framer

Then when 500 Elites show up and cut the line you might have a riot on your hands :evilsmile:, don't flame me but I'd be upset with 100's of line cutters.

Leaving the ship is a bit different and you don't really notice a few elites joining the end of the line.

just my2cents

framer

That's easy to solve. Just become Elite. :D

Actually it could/should be limited to just an upper class of Elite. Maybe people with over 500 days. That certainly wouldn't cause a big stir.