Diving in Grand Turk

mrs. z

• 3 weeks later...
Am looking at Blue Water Divers, Grand Turk Diving and the Humpback Dive Shack for diving in May while on a cruise. Does anyone have any pros/cons to any of these dive operators? Thanks

I booked with Blue Water Divers. A storm had been passing through and whipped up the water making it unsafe to go out in the dive boat from the shore. They didn't try to contact me to let me know diving was cancelled. I didn't find out til I showed up at the shop - (shared taxi from the dock). They were nice enough - it's a small operation and as I recall Grand Turk Diving is nearly next door. I'd likely try them again, but would make sure to confirm the night before and/or on arrival before leaving the ship. I could have made other tour arrangements. FWIW, my wife and I walked across the street to a small hotel and had use of their pool and beach in exchange for having lunch there. Very pleasant. We walked back 2 or 3 miles to the ship. The shoreline is nearly pristine and one of the nicest in the Caribbean.