Silly Dress Question

737swapilot

What exactly does silversea mean by "dark"suit?

I can’t say they enforce color but notionally they mean black, navy blue, dark gray, and maybe even dark brown. What you actually see is pretty much every color of suit made and that gets by. I have seen them turn away people with no jacket but never because the jacket they have on is not dark.

I was going to start a new topic when I saw this. Great timing!

Cruising in the Caribbean, it seems there’s no black tie night, on our 7-day cruise at least. Will a black or navy sport coat with tan slacks do for my husband? I may be wrong but I think there will be some dressy nights vs. casual nights. Not sure what the difference for men would be.

I was going to start a new topic when I saw this. Great timing!

Cruising in the Caribbean, it seems there’s no black tie night, on our 7-day cruise at least. Will a black or navy sport coat with tan slacks do for my husband? I may be wrong but I think there will be some dressy nights vs. casual nights. Not sure what the difference for men would be.

Yes, a sport coat of almost any color will be fine. There may not be a full up formal night but there will be informal nights where a coat is required.

Formal nights require at least jacket and tie.

Informal nights require jacket ( once DH insisted on going to dinner with a very expensive shirt, tie, slacks, and shoes and he looked smashing, but he had no jacket as he hates them because they are hot, on an informal night. I clucked that he would be sent back. He was indeed rejected entry to MDR due to lack of jacket, though I saw some men wearing rumpled ill-fitting jackets were sitting fine (they met the rules, so be it).

He went and got his jacket, we were seated and then it was ok to take the jacket off, though not uncommonly some older Brits at our communal tables have given him dirty looks for doing this.

Casual is elegant casual.

Edited by Catlover54
clarity