Airline

mrs.cog

... that would depend on where I was starting from, where I was going and which cabin I was traveling in...

If you want suggestions for your own flights then I'd say be a bit more specific if you want helpful replies...

If it is just a generic question then for me it would be American Airlines.

I generally find that some of the European and other international carriers have far better service. Without doubt you have MUCH better consumer protection flying TO The EU with an EU airline (EU flight delay rules apply in both directions on EU airlines, only out of the EU on other carriers). When I flew Singapore FRA JFK in business, service was better than in First on US carriers.

You don’t say where in Virginia, but if using IAD consider Austrian connecting in VIE Into BUD. Lufthansa via Munich (NOT FRA) into BUD is okay. Probably LH Back from MUC.

All things being equal, Lufthansa.

But, we look at whether we can get a nonstop in one direction or the other and the use that airline.

Another big consideration for us is the equipment used on the TA portion of our flight. We prefer twin aisle with two seats rather than three across.

In the next few months I’m flying with Lufthansa, then Air France twice, then Air Canada. I too prefer foreign airlines, but have flown to Europe on Delta several times without any issues. Upcoming trip on Lufthansa will be my second, and am looking forward to their premium economy product.

Anything but British Airways. There is something frustrating about the UK national airline whether it be delays, inefficiency ...

Depends where you are flying from. Qatar and SQ have high recommendations from

Asia Pacific. Emirates if you’re travelling in the suite.

Delta and KLM work well for me. I'm a great fan of KLM. Love the connections from Amsterdam.

Glad to hear that... haven't flown in 30 years, and all I keep hearing is the horror stories about bad air lines. We chose KLM over Air Canada because it had better direct flights. Hopefully we chose correctly!

Glad to hear that... haven't flown in 30 years, and all I keep hearing is the horror stories about bad air lines. We chose KLM over Air Canada because it had better direct flights. Hopefully we chose correctly!

Direct flights are always better. Less chance of delays.

Oh my- you are going to find that things have changed a LOT then.

And you hear the horror stories most because people who are upset tend to be louder than those who have smooth and uncomplicated flights.

We’re cruising on a Transatlantic cruise from Florida and disembarking in Copenhagen in early May. We then fly from Copenhagen on Brussels Airlines, connecting in Brussels to BMI Regional to Nuremberg and boarding the Viking ship in Nuremberg.

I’m nervous about our connection in Brussels because it’s the only flight for the day into Nuremberg, with an arrival time of 4:30 pm. If we miss our connecting flight in Brussels or the regional flight is canceled...then we’re stuck in Brussels until the following day and we miss the ship.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

...I’m nervous about our connection in Brussels because it’s the only flight for the day into Nuremberg, with an arrival time of 4:30 pm. If we miss our connecting flight in Brussels or the regional flight is canceled...then we’re stuck in Brussels until the following day and we miss the ship.
Missing the TransAtlantic ship is a bummer especially if the first stop is not until Madeira. Missing the boat is still annoying but it will be within maybe 30 miles, so not insurmountable. Make sure you have the phone number of the boat so that you can get their specific location.

We’re cruising on a Transatlantic cruise from Florida and disembarking in Copenhagen in early May. We then fly from Copenhagen on Brussels Airlines, connecting in Brussels to BMI Regional to Nuremberg and boarding the Viking ship in Nuremberg.

I’m nervous about our connection in Brussels because it’s the only flight for the day into Nuremberg, with an arrival time of 4:30 pm. If we miss our connecting flight in Brussels or the regional flight is canceled...then we’re stuck in Brussels until the following day and we miss the ship.

Why flying Brussels Airlines / BMI Regional - might be better flying Lufthansa - more connections and safer.

Missing the TransAtlantic ship is a bummer especially if the first stop is not until Madeira. Missing the boat is still annoying but it will be within maybe 30 miles, so not insurmountable. Make sure you have the phone number of the boat so that you can get their specific location.

Sure - but flight after the TA from CPH to NUE for a river cruise

The Brussels Airlines/BMI flights from CPH to NUR were the only available flights with a departure time after 10:30 Am, which was the earliest flight departure time permitted on the day of disembarkation in CPH.

We’re taking the TA Cruise first, Florida to Copenhagen, then fly to Nuremberg to board the river boat. I think we’ll be okay with the Brussels Airlines flight from CPH to BRU...i’m Just concerned about our connecting flight in BRU to NUE operating, because it’s a regional carrier and i’ve seen then cancel flights in the past. If that should happen, there are no other flights departing BRU to NUE. Maybe we could hop on a flight to Munich (more availability) then take a shuttle to Nuremberg? However, I don’t know where our luggage would be if our connecting flight is cancelled?

I will think positive that all will be ok and on time.

...I will think positive that all will be ok and on time. ��
Positive thoughts increase for me by realizing that if you are a day late into NUE the river boat will still be not far away. If worse comes to worst look into EU 240/2004 (I think that’s the correct rule number but that is out of my head) on missed flight compensation- it is pretty generous but many people are unaware of it. Enjoy your river (and ocean) cruise (and yes I have done TAs to connect to a follow on - IMO the worst cabin on the TA is better than First Class Air - real bed, private bath, etc). What ever happens is part of life’s adventure.

Thom

Why flying Brussels Airlines / BMI Regional - might be better flying Lufthansa - more connections and safer.

Sure - but flight after the TA from CPH to NUE for a river cruise

Lufthansa may have more connections than Brussels Airlines and BMI Regional but their safety ratings are identical and in any case Brussels Airlines is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lufthansa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums