Which ships have the sideways cabins?

suexxx

No idea about Australian cruises, but we had one on Carnival Pride. Along with being set at 90 degrees, it was next to a stewards station room. As a result the balcony was enormous. about 8 feet by 45 feet. Because of the teak deck, it DID look like a bowling lane.

Majestic Princess has a whole bunch.

Golden, Diamond and Sapphire Princess each have precisely two (on Aloha deck).

Ruby Princess has the same two as well (there is rampant speculation that Ruby will sail the 2019-20 Down Under season).

None on Sun or Sea Princess; the vast majority of inside cabins on those ships have the doorway at an angle to the cabin.

Also note that if P&O Australia may be under consideration, Pacific Dawn (the old Regal Princess) has them as well.

Majestic Princess has a whole bunch.

Golden, Diamond and Sapphire Princess each have precisely two (on Aloha deck).

Ruby Princess has the same two as well (there is rampant speculation that Ruby will sail the 2019-20 Down Under season).

None on Sun or Sea Princess; the vast majority of inside cabins on those ships have the doorway at an angle to the cabin.

Also note that if P&O Australia may be under consideration, Pacific Dawn (the old Regal Princess) has them as well.

i make the golden 17, the diamond has 11 on aloha deck, sapphire has 11 on aloha, and the sea and sun have loads of sideways cabins we've stayed in C317 a few times.

i make the golden 17, the diamond has 11 on aloha deck, sapphire has 11 on aloha, and the sea and sun have loads of sideways cabins we've stayed in C317 a few times.

I think our definitions of sideways cabins are quite different. All posts I have read on the boards confine that type of cabin to those with the entrance door along the long side of the cabin rather than at the top of it next to the bathroom. Simply being aligned 90 degrees opposite to the majority of cabins does not make that cabin "sideways" unless the door is in the long side.

That said, I did miscount Diamond/Sapphire which have a total of seven on Aloha deck.

Golden has six on Aloha plus one on Caribe.

Looking at the deck plans even more closely (and not in the middle of the night) I don't see any on the Sun class ships that could have the door on the long side, including C317 which is simply aligned north-south rather than east-west but not laid out differently than any other cabin of its type.

Hi Which of the ships that sail from Australia have the sideways cabins? Suexxx

Hi Sue, I know the cabins you are referring to, the larger sideways insides.

Sea and Sun have none.

Next 2018/2019 season Australia has Majestic and Golden, you have sailed on Golden so you know those cabins. Majestic had lots of sideways cabins, a search on this forum will bring up some photos.

2019/2020 looks like Australia will have Majestic and Ruby from Sydney and Golden from Melbourne (before it is off to P&0).

Ruby is like Emerald that was here for a season so has the larger 6 sideways insides midship on Riviera.

Hi Sue, I know the cabins you are referring to, the larger sideways insides.

Sea and Sun have none.

Next 2018/2019 season Australia has Majestic and Golden, you have sailed on Golden so you know those cabins. Majestic had lots of sideways cabins, a search on this forum will bring up some photos.

2019/2020 looks like Australia will have Majestic and Ruby from Sydney and Golden from Melbourne (before it is off to P&0).

Ruby is like Emerald that was here for a season so has the larger 6 sideways insides midship on Riviera.

wonder if there would be a bit of noise from above on lido.

Sideways means one thing and one thing only, long dimension of the cabin in line fore and aft with the ship. As stated, we had one like this on the Pride. Unfortunately we booked D736 on the Sapphire with the door located on the long wall . Someone had the idea to design this as an accessible cabin. They did this without input from ADA on the matter. As a result it is listed as a "non standard room" and the worst we have ever seen much less booked, link to photos: