Viking Air Travel

Jjarlath115

This will depend mostly on where you’re traveling from, but twice we’ve crossed the pond via Delta from Detroit to Amsterdam. It’s a 7-8 hour flight depending on tailwinds. We travel from St. Louis, which means a short flight to Detroit at the beginning.

Jeff

This will depend mostly on where you’re traveling from, but twice we’ve crossed the pond via Delta from Detroit to Amsterdam. It’s a 7-8 hour flight depending on tailwinds. We travel from St. Louis, which means a short flight to Detroit at the beginning.

Jeff

TY! We are starting in WPB Florida, my TA thinks it will direct from Washington DC....

We’ll be cruising from Amsterdam to Basel. Just booked today and currently on Air France from Houston to Paris CDG then Amsterdam, then from Basel to CDG then to Houston when homeward bound. I’ve read here about challenges making connections at CDG and made sure we have 3 1/2 hour layover at CDG before our Amsterdam flight. However we’re considering flying Lufthansa and connecting through Frankfurt, which we’ve done twice before. Any advice from y’all who have experience with both CDG and FRA?

Edited to add - the Lufthansa flights cost about $225 pp more than Air France, so we’re wondering whether it would be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll be cruising from Amsterdam to Basel. Just booked today and currently on Air France from Houston to Paris CDG then Amsterdam, then from Basel to CDG then to Houston when homeward bound. I’ve read here about challenges making connections at CDG and made sure we have 3 1/2 hour layover at CDG before our Amsterdam flight. However we’re considering flying Lufthansa and connecting through Frankfurt, which we’ve done twice before. Any advice from y’all who have experience with both CDG and FRA?

Edited to add - the Lufthansa flights cost about $225 pp more than Air France, so we’re wondering whether it would be worth it.

As long as you have a decent connection time, (IMO at least 2 hours), save your money and fly Air France through CDG. We love the service on Air France, and CDG is a gorgeous airport with great shopping (as long as you’re not running through it :p)

Jeff

TY! We are starting in WPB Florida, my TA thinks it will direct from Washington DC....

You might go through ATL as well. We leave this Saturday for Paris, and it’s Air France from ATL to CDG. Delta through Detroit on the way home (coming home from Marseille to Amsterdam, then Detroit)

Oh, and you’re welcome :)

Jeff

What dates are you Am- Basel?

• 2 weeks later...
We flew San Diego > NYC > Amsterdam via a Delta / KLM codeshare.

How was it? Were you on Delta or KLM planes? We wanted Delta but we got the code share with KLM equipment. I’m hoping it’s as nice Delta was

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How was it? Were you on Delta or KLM planes? We wanted Delta but we got the code share with KLM equipment. I’m hoping it’s as nice Delta was

Our flight from NY to Amsterdam was on a KLM 747, so If was far from the newest aircraft. On the positive side, some of the newer planes have seats as hard as a rock. The 767 has notoriously uncomfortable seats.

Our flight from NY to Amsterdam was on a KLM 747, so If was far from the newest aircraft. On the positive side, some of the newer planes have seats as hard as a rock. The 767 has notoriously uncomfortable seats.

Interesting. Our return flight has the plane listed as a 747

Sent from my iPad using Forums