Beverage Package

The Wood Duck

Not all people drink mixed drinks/cocktails, preferring beer or wine. Beverage packages should be tailored to allow beer or wine only. I f you want an odd cocktail then that could be covered by your account. Celebrity has a similar package that limits drink prices ($6us max), covers beer, wine by glass, soft drinks and well shots for $45us/p/pd. Currently one would have to drink 10 Heineken everyday to break even. Not too cost effective.:confused::confused:

The beverage packages are offered to make money. Lots of money. They’re not there to save passengers money. The cruise lines are laughing all the way to the bank. More people don’t break even than do. If you look, there are already beer and wine packages.

Unlike Celebrity, passengers on Princess can combine OBC from a variety of sources. It’s not unusual to start a cruise with $300-500 in OBC which would buy you a lot of beer and wine.

I'm in the opposite camp. I would love to have a cocktails - only version of the PBP. Not a punch card but a package that operates like the current ones: say $40-45/day for up to 12 cocktails. Still required to purchase entire cruise, still no sharing.

I don't drink coffee or fresh juices, rarely drink beer and can live without wine (though I did enjoy the Sangria at Alfredos). When I had the PBP on Royal I found myself ordering repeated refills when I had a soda just because I could. A liquor - only package would absolutely reduce both waste and sharing: eliminating the issue of one passenger buying the PBP "because my spouse doesn't drink" while they pass sodas and water to them because "it's not cheating if it's only a soft drink"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I saw the bucket option, but prefer draught. My OBC is offered as free gratuities for our 21 day cruise.
There’s a lot more OBC you can get. You can and should get OBC from your TA in addition to a promotion, shareholder OBC up to $250, military OBC up to $250, Future Cruise deposit (bought onboard) up to $150, etc.

I'm in the opposite camp. I would love to have a cocktails - only version of the PBP. Not a punch card but a package that operates like the current ones: say $40-45/day for up to 12 cocktails. Still required to purchase entire cruise, still no sharing.

12 cocktails/day for $45 = under $4/cocktail. Most cocktails are priced double plus that amount. Doubt very much this would ever be considered.

I don't drink coffee or fresh juices, rarely drink beer and can live without wine (though I did enjoy the Sangria at Alfredos). When I had the PBP on Royal I found myself ordering repeated refills when I had a soda just because I could. A liquor - only package would absolutely reduce both waste and sharing: eliminating the issue of one passenger buying the PBP "because my spouse doesn't drink" while they pass sodas and water to them because "it's not cheating if it's only a soft drink"

If Princes offered such an option, I suspect it would be more in the $50 to $60 per day plus gratuity. In other words it would not be much less than the existing package.

12 cocktails/day for $45 = under $4/cocktail. Most cocktails are priced double plus that amount. Doubt very much this would ever be considered.

If Princes offered such an option, I suspect it would be more in the $50 to $60 per day plus gratuity. In other words it would not be much less than the existing package.

Well of course if I'm making the rules I will give myself a bargain.

But if the current PBP is $59.99 for up to 15 cocktails plus all the soda, juice, premium coffees, brewed coffee and tea, and milkshakes your bladder can stand--then 25% less cost for just cocktails (and fewer than 15) seems within reason.

We wait for the sip-n-sail promotion window, then book 3-4 itineraries and usually end up dropping one. We leave in a few days on the Hawaii/South Pacific 28 day, with said promotion. Its the only way the beverage package makes sense to us.

Since Princess has changed the beverage pkg do you think they’ll have a sip n sail promo this year?

It usually comes up in August or around there so we can only wait and see. Sure hope so, I don't mind paying for the package on a short cruise but would hate to pay full price on my usual 14-21 day cruises

It usually comes up in August or around there so we can only wait and see. Sure hope so, I don't mind paying for the package on a short cruise but would hate to pay full price on my usual 14-21 day cruises

It would be pricey; two people for the 28 day itinerary totals $3,155.60

True but if you average 8-10 drinks a day plus water and coffees then it is cheaper than paying ala carte

Agreed; that's why we like the sip-n-sail promotion. It works for us, especially on longer cruises.

We did the soda thing this last cruise and bought drinks with the BYGO offers, at times we happened to be in those areas or made a point to get over there. I know it was only 5 days, but it was a good test run on what to expect on longer cruises. Hopefully that route works again. lol

We did the soda thing this last cruise and bought drinks with the BYGO offers, at times we happened to be in those areas or made a point to get over there. I know it was only 5 days, but it was a good test run on what to expect on longer cruises. Hopefully that route works again. lol

Unfortunately the BYGO $1 promotion has gone away.

Admittedly this is a) Drink more on vacation, b) Why not you have the Drink Package, c) We are two couples and both DH influence each other :D

So back onboard we have two beers, before dinner two G&T, at dinner two wines, cocktail during show and nightcap to round off the day. Plus one water and one coffee.

Package Evaluator says it is worth it - drop one of the G&T and it is NOT worth it.

To me this says a moderate drinker does OK with the package. I also see that many would think this is excessive drinking.