Carnival Legend 4k Cabins

rlkubi

We had a 4K on the Miracle last year. It was the first time we had anything other than an interior. We loved it so much we booked the exact same cabin' date=' (4115) for our cruise this year. There was for us a small extra cost at booking, $50 pp I believe.

Have a great cruise![/color']

Hi.. I have a question.. was this cabin view from French doors located between the lifeboats?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know, all of the 4K cabin French doors on the Legend have been sealed closed. I confirmed this with Carnival today. You can also check out the Carnival website, that's how I stumbled on the change. The cabin description that had read "Interior with French Doors" now reads "Interior with Window". I am currently booked on the Legend for the Journeys cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. I am in one of these 4K rooms specifically for the ability to open the French doors (we did Alaska in a 4K room and loved it). I am very upset for a couple of reasons. Carnival is not bothering to notify anyone that they have downgraded these rooms. Also, as far as I am concerned, Carnival owes anyone that booked one of these rooms some onboard credit of at least the amount that was paid to upgrade to French doors. They don't see it that way. They don't feel the need to notify anyone of the change. I spent over a couple of hours on the phone with them today and all that they offered (after a lot of pressing) was a $25 onboard credit or we could cancel our cruise. Anyone that booked a 4K on the Legend while it was being advertised as having the French doors need to call Carnival customer service and complain. At the very least, you might get a bit of credit. Hopefully if they get enough calls they will realize that they did not handle this properly.

Actually, they haven’t been sealed closed. The doors have been replaced altogether with floor-to-ceiling windows. This happened while the Legend was in dry dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is what I am now finding out. Unfortunately, everyone at Carnival customer service, including managers and the resolution department, had different information. I was told everything from the doors never opened to the doors still open to only some of the doors still open. As a matter of fact, no one that I spoke with had ANY idea that the doors had been removed. I confirmed the removal through Facebook with Carnival and Heald. I still think they should notify cruisers that booked prior to the change.