Somebody canceled and I just got Legend 4228 aft wrap for Alaska in 85 days!

Aviendah

I don't wish to be a braggart but I about fell out of my chair when I did a mock booking yesterday and saw 4228 was open on the Legend for our July trip to Alaska. Unfortunately I booked this cruise rather late so our room options were fairly limited. Because it's going to be our 25th anniversary and the trip is coming out of my budget, I upgraded us from a balcony to an ocean suite and didn't tell DH as I wanted the room upgrade to be a surprise. We have never been to Alaska so I'm going all out on this trip. Won't he be surprised when he sees the size of our balcony! The moral of this story is if you don't get the room you want keep checking for cancellations when final payment is due!

That is wonderful, I am so happy for you. That will be a fabulous anniversary surprise. I love the Alaska cruises and think an Aft balcony would be a great way to cruise Alaska. Especially if you are doing the glaciers. As a friend of ours always says, Score!!

SO happy for you! You are going to be spoiled FOREVER! We have had those aft wraps on deck 8 on Legend, Miracle and Spirit. The separate rooms, the huge balcony....CONGRATULATIONS. You're never going to want to leave it! :eek:

I don't wish to be a braggart but I about fell out of my chair when I did a mock booking yesterday and saw 4228 was open on the Legend....

Stayed in that same cabin (4228) last year on this very date while on Legend's Hawaii-to-Vancouver re-positioning cruise ..... As you mention, the balcony is huge (30+ feet).

I don't wish to be a braggart but I about fell out of my chair when I did a mock booking yesterday and saw 4228 was open on the Legend for our July trip to Alaska. Unfortunately I booked this cruise rather late so our room options were fairly limited. Because it's going to be our 25th anniversary and the trip is coming out of my budget, I upgraded us from a balcony to an ocean suite and didn't tell DH as I wanted the room upgrade to be a surprise. We have never been to Alaska so I'm going all out on this trip. Won't he be surprised when he sees the size of our balcony! The moral of this story is if you don't get the room you want keep checking for cancellations when final payment is due!

That is great. I also grabbed that cabin for my August 14th cruise with my Dad. My only concern is the sound of the chains/ropes as we reach port. But I figure if my Dad can sleep on a train, he should have no problem there.

In 2014 we were in a Vista Suite on deck 7. We loved it as our 21 yo GD could come in late at night and not wake us up.

• 1 month later...