Carnival Legend - Hawaii to Sydney 2018 questions

marden08

Hi we are looking at above cruise but it appears that the CHEERS drinks package is not available on the Legend? I see his applies to cruises in Australia but does it apply to cruises coming from US? and also have a query about gratuities - again as the cruise is sailing into Australia do gratuities apply and can they be prepaid?

Any comments/advice about this cruise appreciated - I read some reviews that there were a lot of unruly children on this cruise last year - am hoping this is not the norm.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this

Cheers will not be available from Hawaii to Sydney as this cruise is controlled by Carnival Australia. Onboard spending will also be in Aussie dollars.

Not 100% sure about the gratuities, but I don’t think there will be any to pay. We have never had to pay compulsory gratuities on our Carnival Australia cruises, but we do give a small amount of cash at the end of the cruise to our room steward and favourite waiters if we get good service.

Ok; First; No drinks package, Main reason they reckon us Aussies drink too much, so the house doesn;t (Carnival) Win. No Gratius main reason is the staff go onto a much higher pay rate. in Australia we pay our waiters/Service persons about $20 a hour In your country it's $5 (But they get gratius & tips) we don't tip here.. there shouldn't be many kids as it's a love cruise 19 days. just got back from sister ship "The Spirit' from 19 day cruise had under 130 under the age of 18...Kids don't like longer cruisers. you should find a older aged cruise. mine was more like a Princess; over 70% over 60 mainly 60-70 year olds.

Moorea, bora Bora & Tahati are to die for. the best ports ever..