News stations on the Carnival legend.

I am going to ask this question and hopefully it will not turn into a flaming contest. 2 years ago I was on the Legend on a Alaska cruise and saw that the TV had fox news. Does anyone know if that station is still on the Legend? Please I am just curious if it is or not because I am going again to Alaska in June on the legend. Thanks

Carnival has taken all the national channels ABC, NBC, CBS, & FOX off of the TV's in the cabins... Not happy about that at all. Love to keep up with what is happening in the world while cruising...

I am going to ask this question and hopefully it will not turn into a flaming contest. 2 years ago I was on the Legend on a Alaska cruise and saw that the TV had fox news. Does anyone know if that station is still on the Legend? Please I am just curious if it is or not because I am going again to Alaska in June on the legend. Thanks

You're supposed to say "asking for a friend" lol

Flame time....lol..hahah....

Just got off a cruise and my TV was either on the front camera or the Map view. At first I was not happy, but then I realized how awesome it is with a week with no news....

As I ate my Bitter and Blac near the end of the cruise I thought - wonder what is going on in the world...and was at peace....

Just got off a cruise and my TV was either on the front camera or the Map view. At first I was not happy, but then I realized how awesome it is with a week with no news....

As I ate my Bitter and Blac near the end of the cruise I thought - wonder what is going on in the world...and was at peace....

DH is a news junkies but it is “forbidden” like cell phones on a cruise. It is blissful to be away from it all and one of the huge perks for us and for our kids to simply disengage from technology and instant news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see how that helps the OP.

I like to at least have the ability to keep up with the weather conditions in my home area, especially in the winter when we typically cruise. It is sometimes nice to be able to prepare yourself or change your plans if needed for the trip back home should there be a weather related issue somewhere that may affect your travel. Also friends or family or my own home could be affected by severe weather while I am gone and it would be nice to know ahead of time, should something need to be done. Just my thoughts on the television issue.

Just off the Legend before it went to dry dock. I saw two news channels; Fox News and BBC.

Thanks for the update, I was looking for someone who just got off the Legend. I know all the other ships only had cnn, but I remembered that the legend 2 years ago had fox news which was weird to be the only ship to have that. So I was trying to see if it still did. Thanks again for the info. Also to the cruise who asked about the date. We are going June 19th.

• 1 month later...
DH is a news junkies but it is “forbidden” like cell phones on a cruise. It is blissful to be away from it all and one of the huge perks for us and for our kids to simply disengage from technology and instant news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're the same way. Turned the TV off when we got into the cabin & didn't turn it back on the entire 14 days. Only use cell phones in ports with no roaming charge.

Carnival went to bed with Ted Turner, only Turner stations. On the Conquest, the "movie" channel only showed previews, if there was a movie we never saw it.

Are they in bed with Jane Fonda, too?