Karambole Our Tour on Nov 16th

raynvic

We booked the Le Petit File tour through Karambole for our stop in Martinique. It had been many many years since we docked here and then we only went to a beach. Christelle was right on time picking us up! Our first stop was the Church, which was very beautiful, we sampled pastries and Banana Wine. Christelle is a very good driver and she has a running commentary which is full of information as you travel. We hit several other stops, including a water fall, a stop to look at Pele, a rum distillery, a walk to the theater and jail in St. Pierre and then a beach stop. We had samples of local cuisine along the way. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who would like to see a sample of what the island holds and learn a little about "Josephine Bonaparte" as well as the island of Martinique.

We booked the Le Petit File tour through Karambole for our stop in Martinique. It had been many many years since we docked here and then we only went to a beach. Christelle was right on time picking us up! Our first stop was the Church, which was very beautiful, we sampled pastries and Banana Wine. Christelle is a very good driver and she has a running commentary which is full of information as you travel. We hit several other stops, including a water fall, a stop to look at Pele, a rum distillery, a walk to the theater and jail in St. Pierre and then a beach stop. We had samples of local cuisine along the way. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who would like to see a sample of what the island holds and learn a little about "Josephine Bonaparte" as well as the island of Martinique.

Was it in English? DId you pay in USD? Were you on a cruise? If so how was the pick up and drop off?

Were there many other ships in port with you that day? How was the traffic?

Thanks

It was in English, Christelle spoke very good English. She is actually a teacher. We paid in Euros that we had left from a trip several years ago. However, the other 2 couples paid with credit cards. She also accepted US Dollars. Very easy to deal with.

I believe there were 2 ships in port that day, but I could be mistaken. There was a good deal of traffic, but at no time was I concerned about getting back on time.

The pick up and drop off was easy. Come off the ship and into the area where the locals try to get you to take a tour. Christelle drives a van and sends you a picture of herself with a traditional headdress on so that you will recognize her. She was on time and easy to see. Drop off was at the same location. Very convenient.

Google Karambole Tours Martinique and you'll find her website (with English option).

I had a wonderful time on her tour on 11/14. Did have a little trouble finding her. Had not received any email with a photo but I asked at the Visitor's table (at the end of the pier) and was told who to look for.

Christelle was delightful and the food and drink goodies were great. I really like Martinique. We were lucky that the beautiful and deadly Mt Pelee was almost entirely cloud-free that day.

38548304766_347c38fa7d_h.jpg

We did this tour with Christelle last week. Ditto all the above!

Had an awesome day with Christelle!

You can't go wrong booking with her!

Highly recommend.

Great communication.

On time pickup.

New 8 pax van.

Great narration.

Delicious refreshments.

We agree with all the comments above. We very much enjoyed our tour with Karambole Tours. Christelle has a very nice van, provided snacks and drinks as promised, and we visited all sites that we were supposed to. There was lots of ships in port the day of our tour and we had a small mix up finding Christelle. I had her phone # with me from her email confirmation and asked a local Princess rep to phone her. The problem was quickly resolved and we were on our way.

• 1 month later...

Used Karambole Tours in January 2018. To say it was great is an understatement. The guide, Christelle speaks excellent English. The food tastings are various island pastries, fruit and drinks, nice, but the tour doesn't focus on food. Christelle is very knowledgeable about the history and culture of the island. The tour lasts 4+ hours and included the following stops.

Sacre-Coeur de Balata, Replica of a famous monument in Paris

Alma River

Saut Gendarme waterfall

Ruins of the theater in Saint Pierre

Depaz Rhum distillery

Short stop at the grey sand beach (20 minutes)

Christelle was very easy to locate when departing the ship and her van was modern and in good condition. It is a small group tour and she is able to take US Dollars, Euros and credit cards.

Highly Recommend this tour