Anyone that just got back from visiting Grand Turk

Beachgirl676

We were there on Wednesday (Carnival Ecstasy, first cruise ship back to Grand Turk).

We've never rented a golf cart there. Typically, we go to Margaritaville and this time, we also walked to Jack's Shack. You can walk to it down the beach. Grand Turk is a PERFECT beach day and I would use it for that, unless your cruise goes to Half Moon Cay.

Thank you my cruise will be going to half moon cay as well my biggest concern is it's going to be January so not sure how "beach weather" it's going to be. I heard the water is freezing that's why I was looking for other alternatives I heard a lot of good about the golf carts but wasn't sure with the recent hurricane. Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were the first cruise back, and while the cruise area was up and running, the residents are still recovering. One of the servers we talked to just got power back a few days before. Both Jack's Shack and Margaritaville had limited menus for food. They seemed to have all the drinks, but several seafood items on the menu were unavailable, including conch and some shrimp dishes. You could also tell where buildings had some damage.

it's going to be January so not sure how "beach weather" it's going to be. I heard the water is freezing that's why I was looking for other alternatives I heard a lot of good about the golf carts but wasn't sure with the recent hurricane. Thanks all

LOL - Everything is relative. I live in Florida so to me water temperatures in the high seventies is too cold. For others, it is just right (think Jersey shore in July).

Grand Turk, HMC air temp January around 80 water around 78. Every thing in GT is in walking distance. If you want to explore, rent a cart. have a great cruise.
Not sure most cruisers would consider a 2 mile walk to town or 3.5 mile walk to the lighthouse or even a1/3 mile to Governor's beach to be "walking distance"[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I rented a golf cart when 2 years ago. It was a blast we drove all over. Shopped, ate, went to the most beautiful beach, flea market, lighthouse and house looking. I would highly recommend this!! The port beach area was packed. I liked the adventure.

Thank you my cruise will be going to half moon cay as well my biggest concern is it's going to be January so not sure how "beach weather" it's going to be. I heard the water is freezing that's why I was looking for other alternatives I heard a lot of good about the golf carts but wasn't sure with the recent hurricane. Thanks all

The water in January is about like Stone Harbor/Cape May in early/mid June. :)

Would you recommend renting a golf cart?? Cruising Jan 20th, originally booked to tour the island but now not so sure there's much to see? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

If you'd like to see more of Grand Cayman than Margaritaville and Jack's Shack and those beaches near the pier, and your group is 4 people or less, then renting a golf cart is a good option. Traffic island-wide is pretty minimal and you'd have the freedom to visit the lighthouse, "downtown" Cockburn Town, Governors Beach, etc., at your leisure. Prices seem to be around $80 for a day, so for a group of people it's not too bad at all.

If just relaxing on a beach and hanging out at M'Ville or Jack's Shack is more your thing, then you don't need to rent anything; they are within walking distance down the beach.

Enjoy your time in GT; it's probably my favorite cruise stop in the world.

Would you recommend renting a golf cart?? Cruising Jan 20th, originally booked to tour the island but now not so sure there's much to see? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

We'll be in Grand Turk 12/5/17.

Our re routed Eastern route.

Only there 7-2 now. It was 12-6.

We're going to wing it and try to rent a golf cart when we get there.

Have never done before. But have done a tour of Island.

Your cruising on my B-Day. :D:D

I'll post when we get back.

But I'm sure others will post also.

Enjoy your cruise.

We'll be in Grand Turk 12/5/17.

Our re routed Eastern route.

Only there 7-2 now. It was 12-6.

We're going to wing it and try to rent a golf cart when we get there.

Have never done before. But have done a tour of Island.

Your cruising on my B-Day. :D:D

I'll post when we get back.

But I'm sure others will post also.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much looking forward to your feedback!!! And happy early birthday! [emoji12]

I do recommend taking a tour around the island.

There are some sights worth seeing.

Keith

DSC_1160.jpg

DSC_1162.jpg

DSC_1183.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

They have some pretty colorful shops.

We want to see the light house and other sights.

Going to print out a map. Directionally challenged.:D

I rented a golf cart when 2 years ago. It was a blast we drove all over. Shopped, ate, went to the most beautiful beach, flea market, lighthouse and house looking. I would highly recommend this!! The port beach area was packed. I liked the adventure.

We will be in GT in January & would be interested in renting a golf cart. Where exactly can you rent them? Thanks for the information.

We will be in GT in January & would be interested in renting a golf cart. Where exactly can you rent them? Thanks for the information.

I rented through Karib auto rentals online. Exit the main gate of the port and it was only like a 3 min walk. They are set up on the side of the main road. Gold carts, Dune buggies, and mopeds.

• 2 weeks later...