topless sunbathing

cruisin73

No topless sunbathing on Princess. It depends on which ship you're on whether you can do so on your balconey. Some balconey's are totally open to the decks above them; some balconey's are inset in the ship's hull so while no one could see you - the sun might not be shining in either.

We are considering taking a priness cruise in January. Is there topless sunbathing allowed on any of the decks? If not can I sunbath topless on my balcony?

I think it all depends...

Will folks want to look?...

or will there be streams of projectile vomit spewing from all directions?

Princess does not have a topless deck for sunbathing. As for on the privacy of your own balcony, I would say no problem, as long as you have an aft balcony. But side balcony staterooms that are not covered will be terraced and there will be full view from above balconys. Which in itself could cause a problem to those on their balcony.

I might suggest a European cruise line if this is important to you, or wait until you reach a beach that is clothing optional in the Caribbean, then do as you please, whether topless or totally nude will be your choice.

We had the opportunity to have a bridge tour on our cruise this past week. Having seen how good the view from the bridge is down the whole side of the ship and how well they can view the balconies I would NOT sunbathe topless. :eek:

We are considering taking a priness cruise in January. Is there topless sunbathing allowed on any of the decks? If not can I sunbath topless on my balcony?

Our our Island Princess cruise to Hawaii last year, there was a woman sunbathing topless by the pool up on splash deck 16. No one said anything to her about it, and I have to say our cocktail service at the pool that afternoon improved dramatically!!! :p

Hi Folks,

The topic always comes up, is that comes off , not sure which applies here,

if cruising the med with more EU folk rather than US folk, not going top less will make you stand out more.

While if in the Carbi not so common, same thing holds true to men in thongs to men in shorts.

Its your holiday do what you want.

yours Shogun

I have seen some topless older ladies on a couple of my cruises (I think they were from Europe). I would not recommend it though. If that's really important to you, you might want to go Carnival since they do have a topless deck. I think some of Celebrity do as well.

No topless sunbathing on Princess. It depends on which ship you're on whether you can do so on your balconey. Some balconey's are totally open to the decks above them; some balconey's are inset in the ship's hull so while no one could see you - the sun might not be shining in either.

Why would it matter if the balconies above can see:D

to answer some of your question I am female ha ha but good question though

I'm just thinking if I'm on MY balcony whether covered or not should it matter if I go topless? I mean I did pay for that balcony didn't I? Don't really like carnival so don't really want to go there. I am bringing my 7 year old so thinking celebrity isn't really an option don't think there kids program is good if they have one at all.

On our Emerald cruise this past March there were two gals, my guess mid-twentys, who were sun bathing topless. They did put their tops on before they got out of their chairs. The situation didn't seem to bother anyone.

On the Dawn in March there was a woman sunbathing topless on the deck above the pool. but away from the area surrounding the pool, back alongside the funnel. You could see her only if you happened to be walking back there to the aft bar and hot tubs. Nobody seemed to care. I would imagine if you found a place like that, off the beaten path, as it were, it'd probably go unnoticed and nobody would freak out.

On the Dawn in March there was a woman sunbathing topless on the deck above the pool. but away from the area surrounding the pool, back alongside the funnel. You could see her only if you happened to be walking back there to the aft bar and hot tubs. Nobody seemed to care. I would imagine if you found a place like that, off the beaten path, as it were, it'd probably go unnoticed and nobody would freak out.

We have noticed the same thing on a couple of other Princess ships. We were also getting off the Tahitian as a large group of French passengers were getting on.... and it became obvious they were not going to get off the beaten path. A couple of women laid out right in front of the main pool.

Kind of sad how the remarks on this thread once again reflect how we Americans are not grown up enough to handle top free women. :(

It has nothing to do with us Americans not being grown up. It is the fact that children in the U.S. are not used to this sort of thing, and really do not need a crash coarse in anatomy. ;) There are many many families that sail on Princess. Education about someone's body is one thing, but to a small child that is not used to this, it can be a problem. And I do not think this is going to change in the U.S. anytime soon.

This is just another one of those episodes where respect for other passengers onboard, especially children, comes into play IMHO!

Just as an aside, I think it is truly sad that people get so hung up over public nudity. Just being topless is not a crime, and won't cause tooth decay or moral decrepitude.

On topic, I plan on topless sunbathing on my balcony, given a bit of sun and warm enough temps that I won't turn blue! I realize that the bridge will be able to see me. Oh Well. If they've never seen it before, then it's about time they do! :p

As far as topless sunbathing in the pool area, if it was nearly deserted OR there was a bunch of people that were pretty mellow (oh, and there IS an adults-only pool on Princess, btw), maybe I would, but only for a short time, as I burn easily.

If you are worried about it, than you shouldn't. At some point in life you should know when it is appropriate or not. It's called judgement. If you have to ask, then you are in doubt, and you shouldn't do it. If you feel confident about it, then you shouldn't have to ask.

It has nothing to do with us Americans not being grown up. It is the fact that children in the U.S. are not used to this sort of thing, and really do not need a crash coarse in anatomy. ;) There are many many families that sail on Princess. Education about someone's body is one thing, but to a small child that is not used to this, it can be a problem. And I do not think this is going to change in the U.S. anytime soon.

This is just another one of those episodes where respect for other passengers onboard, especially children, comes into play IMHO!

AMEN ToTo. A lot of people got passed by when common sense was passed out.

Archived