Latest "next cruise" offering from Viking

linrodhag

Can anyone who has recently sailed share what the "next cruise" offering is from Viking Ocean if you book while on-board? :D

Thanks

I know it is me, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what you are trying to find out. What do you mean by "next cruise" offering? Are you trying to figure out the benefits for booking on board?

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. Viking (and others) tend to change their offerings each year, so we are wondering what the latest offer is (and IF there is really any benefit to it). We have done Viking twice before and are going again in a couple of weeks...thinking of booking a 2020 while on-board if they make it worth our while.

Meet you at the bar?

Below is something I posted on an a different thread. Not sure if this answers your question.

“I think there was value to booking a future cruise while onboard. If you book a 14 day or longer cruise, a credit of $400per person was provided. Additionally, you will an immediate $100 credit toward your current cruise. The amount of the credit was a bit less for shorter cruises. You are also not locked into the cruise you choose. Anytime within 4 months of your sailing, you have the option to switch to a different cruise. That said, any future bookings do require a deposit of $500 per person.”

Yes, that is exactly what I am asking. Viking (and others) tend to change their offerings each year, so we are wondering what the latest offer is (and IF there is really any benefit to it). We have done Viking twice before and are going again in a couple of weeks...thinking of booking a 2020 while on-board if they make it worth our while.

Meet you at the bar?

I was on the Viking Sea in April 2018. I did not book a future cruise at that time. But they had a promotion of booking any cruise within a year of your sailing and get $200. pp off on the next cruise. I will be doing this.

On the Viking Sky, May 2018, offer was

Discount of between $200 - $500 per person off the next cruise depending on length of cruise, e

$500 PER person deposit, extend final payment to 6 months prior to departure

Flexibility to change reservations up to 4 months prior to departure without penalty. Plus

Current deal and past cruiser discount of $200 per person

And on board credit on current voyage based on number of new cruises booked

Can anyone who has recently sailed share what the "next cruise" offering is from Viking Ocean if you book while on-board? :D

Thanks

Promotions can change of course so it's best to make an appointment with the next cruise rep once you're on board. There's an appointment book and you simply sign up. Very low tech! In general, though, you will receive OBC and a discount off the fare that you are booking. The amount of the fare reduction depends on the length of the cruise you are booking, and how many cruises you are booking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

On the Viking Sky, May 2018, offer was

Discount of between $200 - $500 per person off the next cruise depending on length of cruise, e

$500 PER person deposit, extend final payment to 6 months prior to departure

Flexibility to change reservations up to 4 months prior to departure without penalty. Plus

Current deal and past cruiser discount of $200 per person

And on board credit on current voyage based on number of new cruises booked

Same deal when we sailed this past December/January. We lucked out because the current deal at the time for the itinerary we were booking was free airfare plus $150 off per person. All in all, we saved $1150 on the cruise plus whatever we would have spent on airfare and transfers plus received an OBC for the current cruise. Moreover, since we booked in January (for 2019) the cruise fare has actually gone up.

You can book Ocean or River with the same deal.

And, if you work with a TA, they go right on the booking, or you have x amount to transfer your booking to a TA.

And to add to my last posting of the current “future booking benefits,” the “up to $500” in onboard credits for your current cruise breaks down as $100 if you book one cruise, $250 if you book two cruises and $500 if you book three or more cruises. These credits are per cabin, not per passenger.

Edited by cocopico

Just off the Viking Star and purchased a new 14 day cruise while on board. Was offered a $500 per person cabin discount for a DV cabin, a $100 cruise credit for the current cruise, the ability to change to a different cruise w/o penalty up until final payment and a final payment date 4 months before the new cruise. Had to place a $1000 deposit with only $900 refundable should I choose to cancel the cruise completely (without switching the reservation to another Viking cruise.

Just don't make the mistake I did. I booked the Med Odyssey cruise onboard that had yet to be posted online. No problem the onboard sales rep said, "It goes online next week. I can call Viking in LA and book you right now." Got home, looked online and the list price was $500 per person less than quoted. So the price quoted was not the price we were assured by sales. Viking refused to fix this. Bottom line, my deal made my cabin cost more than the list price.

Don't book a cruise that is not already listed online.