Guaranteed cabin and other questions

cruisebie

I've booked a guaranteed lanai cabin on my upcoming cruise on the Veendam on 10/6. This is my first experience with booking a guarantee so I'm not sure what to expect. I know that you can receive your assignment at the dock. If that is the case what do you do about your luggage since the pre-printed tags won't have the cabin number?

Also, is there a way to request distilled water and an extension cord for my c-pap in advance?

One last random question lol, the cruise begins in Montreal & ends in Ft Lauderdale. Bar Harbor is our first U.S. port. I think I read that we will go through customs here. Is that correct? I'm thinking of booking a tour with Ollie's Trollies & so how long should I estimate for tendering & customs?

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Call Holland America's Ship Services.....1-800-541-1576.....request an extension cord....and a gallon of distilled water is $2.95 (have your visa ready)....both will be in your room when you arrive....so much easier than bringing it onboard....

If you haven't received a cabin number.....print your blank luggage tags....the porters will have your cabin number when you arrive at the ship....:)

Yes, you will go through immigration in Bar Harbor. It didn't take long. Afterwards we headed right down to the tenders and were ashore by 10. Bought our Oli Trolley tickets in the shop and they brought the bus down to us as we did not have time to climb the hill to where they normally board.

Thanks Krazy Kruizers! That sounds like a good option. I may just wait until I'm on shore to get the tickets.

Call Holland America's Ship Services.....1-800-541-1576.....request an extension cord....and a gallon of distilled water is $2.95 (have your visa ready)....both will be in your room when you arrive....so much easier than bringing it onboard....

If you haven't received a cabin number.....print your blank luggage tags....the porters will have your cabin number when you arrive at the ship....:)

Thanks so much for that info, Rowsby. That is just what I needed to know. I just didn't want to lug that awkward gallon of water onboard! I keep logging in to my account & checking just in case my cabin gets assigned. Good to know I can just bring the blank ones & fill in at the pier.

I've booked a guaranteed lanai cabin on my upcoming cruise on the Veendam on 10/6. This is my first experience with booking a guarantee so I'm not sure what to expect. I know that you can receive your assignment at the dock. If that is the case what do you do about your luggage since the pre-printed tags won't have the cabin number?

Also, is there a way to request distilled water and an extension cord for my c-pap in advance?

One last random question lol, the cruise begins in Montreal & ends in Ft Lauderdale. Bar Harbor is our first U.S. port. I think I read that we will go through customs here. Is that correct? I'm thinking of booking a tour with Ollie's Trollies & so how long should I estimate for tendering & customs?

Thanks for any advice!

You should get your cabin number no later than 2 weeks before the cruise, so you can write in the number on your tags..

13 days to go, so maybe I'll be getting my assignment soon. [emoji4]. They did send out an upsell email a couple of weeks ago, so maybe they will be ready to assign soon. The upsell was tempting @ $249 pp for a vista suite and probably well worth it. I didn't take it since I'm solo and would have to pay the full amount. I'm happy with the cabin type I booked.