HAL Luggage Tags Won't Load

knittinggirl

Holland America told me to proceed with boarding pass, just 47 days to cruise, then,,,

Getting my boarding pass took almost 2 hours, I had green checks over to docs, but got a ? Instead of a button when I tried for the boarding pass. I tried Safari, Chrome, eventually my iPad let me print a boarding pass, but balked at luggage tag printing. Said “ only one PDF at a time”, whatever that means.

I have booked hotels, Amtrack, flights, multiple times, no problem. I googled pop ups, ad blockers, and ,, quite frankly, Even if some poops or ad blockers are causing a problem, Holland Americabis the only place this is happening, so this is not on me, it is on the cruise line

The idiocy is the site says they can't print boarding passes for me, I have to do it. maybe they can print luggage tags.

If my presentation of events is accurate, Holland america has some issues to resolve re internet accessibility, and a positive pre boarding experience for its guests.

Tell YOUR TA or Pcc You need those papers printed and they would do great to find a way to do it for you What if you did not have a printer or it was broken? ( that OR HAL'S awful techie dept t. needs to get their syst em working better for guests to be able to do simple tasks, fast and easily .) AAsk TA, PCC, If you show up at Port Everglades and get turned away from your cruise? Is TA or PCC going to reimburse you? Ask that of them by e-mail

Edited by sail7seas

I will tomorrow,thanks

Another thread here spoke of it being 'non-negotiable' to arrive at terminal for check in without boarding pass. What is a guest to do in a cirdcumstance where HAL's site makes it impossible to print it? Who is going to reimb urse the guest who is not processed fo r embarkation?

It is up to HAL to make this process seamless, and in my experience it isn’t. Asking me to go into settings to make their site function ( when every other site i use doesn’t require that) is inappropriate, the wrong way round.

What makes it worse is that this is not an entirely new circumtance I could not print my boarding pass last summer for my cruise to Bermuda My PCC had to do it for me and snail mail it we are coming into summer, hopefully, soon:) and the HAL site is still giving the same problem How many more months do they need before they do something substantive and get it working properly? Is this indicative of a well run company? What else is handled in such a sloppy manner?

• 5 months later...

This morning, I had problems downloading/printing luggage tags from the DOCS tab of the check-in screens. Through trial and error, I was able to solve the problem by disabling my third party ad blocker software for book2.hollandamerica.com. My situation may be different than yours because of the third party software. But I thought I would document the details of what worked for me, and what had no effect. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

My Software

• Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (v 1803)
  • Google Chrome browser (v 68.0.3440.106)
  • AdGuard AdBlocker (v 2.10.8)

Solution

Disable ad blocking for book2.hollandamerica.com. This was done by clicking the AdGuard icon in the top right corner of my screen and changing “Protection on this website” from a green check to a red X. It can also be done in the AdGuard settings.

When ad blocking was on, clicking on the “Luggage tags” link did virtually nothing. A pop-up window started to appear, then id disappeared in an instant. With ad blocking off, everything works fine for me. This was the only change I made that had any effect.

Google Chrome settings

• Pop-ups and redirects are “Blocked”. Allowing pop-ups did not have any effect.
  • Ads are “Blocked on sites that tend to show intrusive ads”. This setting had no effect.
  • Block third-party cookies is ON. This setting had no effect.
  • Allow sites to save and read cookie data is ON. I need this setting ON for many other sites, but turning it OFF had no effect.

DOCS tab of the check-in screen

docs_page.jpg

AdGuard settings

Ad_Guard_settings.jpg

Success with ad blocking off

luggage_tag.jpg

I was having the same problem and contacted HAL. The agent advised me to use Internet Explorer. If your computer is using Microsoft Edge, click the three dots in the top right corner and select 'open with Internet Explorer'. Log in through this window and print your tags. This worked for me.

Thanks, I have been having trouble all week and this worked for me just now.

This morning, I had problems downloading/printing luggage tags from the DOCS tab of the check-in screens. Through trial and error, I was able to solve the problem by disabling my third party ad blocker software for book2.hollandamerica.com.

Great explanation! Thanks. You'd be surprised how many things an ad blocker breaks.

Why sweat the small stuff. Fill out tags at the dock. Takes all of a few minutes. Better than spending all sorts of time trying to navigate the website and produce the tags.

For a one-off cruise, I'd agree, but for those cruising on HAL regularly, the time spent learning the wrinkles of the website is probably well spent. Of course, I view the website as a challenge, not a source of frustration, and as a retiree I have the luxury of available time to spend on it.

Windows 7 using Firefox the Boarding Pass would not print. Disabled the Ad Blocker Plus and all is well. In Firefox the Ad Blocker is in the upper right and looks like a stop sign. Click on that then click on the Enabled on this site button. That will change it to Disabled on this site. Once done you should be able to print the Boarding Pass. It worked for us...

• 2 weeks later...

I had trouble last week printing the luggage tags after I completed the check-in process. I realized that I couldn't print out the actual docs but assumed I would be able to print the luggage tags. I tried numerous times to print them and finally asked the question on CC. I was told to turn off cookies, reboot my pc and call the HAL IT dept.

Well..today I tried it again and voila! They printed first time. Who knows why. I think the HAL website may be faulty.

• 1 month later...

Just FYI - I was successful in printing mine when I used Incognito mode in Chrome to login and print. This mode uses no cookies, ad blockers, etc. and is easier than deleting cookies and turning off things.