Puerto Vallarta - Exclusive Beach Getaway Excursion

showgirl85

NO, but I have been to PV many times for vacation. If it was me, I would just exit the terminal and get a taxi (the taxis outside of the terminal cost way less than the ones inside). I would tell them to take me to LaPalapa, a beautiful, classy restaurant in the Romantic Zone. You can use their beach chairs for free if you buy their food and drink.

Also, there are many beach clubs in that area with the same set-up. There would not be a pool or things like that, but it would be much more of a real Mexico experience.

• 1 month later...

Did you ever figure out the resort they go to? I would also like to know..I am curious about their pool's water temps. I want to book this excursion but not if the pool water is so freezing it's hard to get in..lol Please let me know if you have any info. Thank you! 

Edited by puggleperson

On 9/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, teacherman said:

NO, but I have been to PV many times for vacation. If it was me, I would just exit the terminal and get a taxi (the taxis outside of the terminal cost way less than the ones inside). I would tell them to take me to LaPalapa, a beautiful, classy restaurant in the Romantic Zone. You can use their beach chairs for free if you buy their food and drink.

Also, there are many beach clubs in that area with the same set-up. There would not be a pool or things like that, but it would be much more of a real Mexico experience.

We love La Palapa too, but we walk there after taking the local bus to downtown The Malecon and then heading towards the full length beach walkway across the river to the very end which is where La Palapa is located.So for those who enjoy this lovely stroll along the ocean and past the local scenery, this is a doable option too.

20 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

No -- warm water there and the ocean was warm as well.

The buffet lunch was delicious.

Awesome! Thank you so much. One of our cruises stopped at Grand Turk in the Caribbean and there was a really nice pool at  Margaritaville (If I remember correctly) so we thought we'd spend the day there.... only the water was soooooo cold we couldn't even get it. Thankfully that pool was free but this one we will have to pay for so I wanted to make sure the pool water isn't going to be too cold to where we can't get in it. Thanks

Agree with teacherman.  We would not bother getting on a bus and going to Nuevo Vallarta.  Romantic zone is much more interesting.  Lots of beach side restaurants, shopping, and people watching.   If you get tired of the beach there is much more to do.  The last thing we want on a cruise is to have an excursion that involves yet another buffet.

It makes me a little sad when I read about cruisers doing the kind of  beach excursion mentioned by the OP.  We truly enjoy PV (I could use the word love) and have lived there for more then a dozen winters.  We watch the cruise ships come into the port in the morning and depart in the evening.  Our first visit to PV was on a cruise (over 20 years ago) which led to us to later make it our winter home.  Folks that go off to Nuevo (which is not even part of Puerto Vallarta) will never get to explore Puerto Vallarta and discover the shops, restaurants, and atmosphere that have caused many Americans and Canadians to call it their home for some or all of the year.

But we do hope that the OP truly enjoys their beach day.  If the pool is chilly you might want to try to ocean :).  

Hank

yeah but i've been to Puerto V a lot and I've done a lot... I just wanted to chill at the pool and then switch to the beach for the best of both worlds... I never get a good seat next to the pool on the boat thanks to seat hogs so I don't utilize it that often and my mother gets paranoid about missing the boat so she feel comfortable doing Princess excursions. We love PV but I don't feel like doing a lot of thinking, I just want to relax... Hopefully it's a pretty beach.. I'll be bummed if it's not... haha 

I appreciate your suggestions and normally I agree 🙂 We have a place in Costa Rica and I love the local towns . I can totally see why people purchase vacation home in Puerto Vallarta.. i wish Princess would do a double day there instead of Cabo... Cabo just doesn't have the beauty that PV has... Thanks ALL

In case you want a pool and a beach, check these hoterls in old town Hotel Los Arcos and Hotel Tropicana, they offer daypasses. Also hotels in the Marina district like Marriott and Westin  issue daypasses. You pay a certain amount and a part of this is for food and drinks.