Regatta — South Pacific

Luv my furbaby

I’ve been reading very conflicting reports about this ship and cruise line. Everything from absolutely the best to roachs in the salad. Very clean rooms to so so dirty, moldy and run down. Looking to book the South Pacific for Feb/March 2020. I’m a little nervous about booking after what I’ve read. I’ve been on 20+ cruises — RCCL, NCL, Princess and Celebrity.

Would love to hear your experiences.

Thanks

This ship will go into dry dock prior to 2020, so if there are issues with it being run down, it will not be an issue by then.

I have booked a New Zealand/Australia cruise on this ship for Feb 2020 and have no concerns about it.

Kathleen

The issue with Regatta goes more into the management of the ship than its condition.

All the R class ships are older than the O class, but Regatta has issues that stem from poor management starting from the top. A dry dock will put some lipstick on the Pig.

The issue with Regatta goes more into the management of the ship than its condition.

All the R class ships are older than the O class, but Regatta has issues that stem from poor management starting from the top. A dry dock will put some lipstick on the Pig.

can you elaborate?

If from the top would that not be a problem on all the ships?

We were on Regatta in 2016 no problems at all then

can you elaborate?

If from the top would that not be a problem on all the ships?

We were on Regatta in 2016 no problems at all then

2017/2018 versus 2016 had very likely a different Captain, Chef, GM.

I will not name names.

GM was invisible. One person we know tried for several days to seem him. Missed appointments.

Make a complaint on mid-cruise evaluation -- no one even called. And yes we were the ones complaining about the little critter in the food.

Master/Captain of the Ship was temporary - a last minute sub. He was put there to train a replacement.

I do not know what happened to previous master. Master is responsible for all ship functions especially the way the ship is run and how maintenance is done. Certainly there are maintenance issues with the ship -- several cruises had maintenance impacts since she left the USA in the late Fall.

Food is responsibility of the Exec Chef. We found the food mediocre at best.

A dry dock with new carpets will not help. Older ships require constant attention. Failure to keep ahead = problems.

2017/2018 versus 2016 had very likely a different Captain, Chef, GM.

I will not name names.

GM was invisible. One person we know tried for several days to seem him. Missed appointments.

Make a complaint on mid-cruise evaluation -- no one even called. And yes we were the ones complaining about the little critter in the food.

Master/Captain of the Ship was temporary - a last minute sub. He was put there to train a replacement.

I do not know what happened to previous master. Master is responsible for all ship functions especially the way the ship is run and how maintenance is done. Certainly there are maintenance issues with the ship -- several cruises had maintenance impacts since she left the USA in the late Fall.

Food is responsibility of the Exec Chef. We found the food mediocre at best.

A dry dock with new carpets will not help. Older ships require constant attention. Failure to keep ahead = problems.

Ok now I understand I was thinking "the top" was the President but yes the Captain should be on top of things

as for the Exec Chef they should be on top of the food quality that leaves the kitchen

We had complaints on Dec Riviera cruise the Exec Chef was concerned & did pay us a visit to get the details ...no bugs just quality was not up to previous standards

thanks for the extended comments

Lyn

Just came back from Regatta 4/26/18. First time on Oceania. Staff was wonderful. Food was awful for the most part. Will not cruise on this line in the future. So disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums