Have you stayed under Prime 7 or Chartreuse on Explorer?

kjbacon

We are in the process of booking an Explorer cruise that is very picked over so we are deciding between the least desirable cabins. If you have stayed on deck 9, below Prime 7 or Chartreuse, please chime in with your experience on the noise level. Thank you so very much!

I haven’t stayed in this location, but since these restaurants are not open late at night or in the morning and don’t have any live music, I would not hesitate to book here. During the hours they are open, I would probably not be in my suite.

I haven’t stayed in this location, but since these restaurants are not open late at night or in the morning and don’t have any live music, I would not hesitate to book here. During the hours they are open, I would probably not be in my suite.

What would concern us just as much is the noise from what they must do while they are closed (staff working in and around the kitchen, cleaning the venues, items being restocked, tables set, etc.).

Prep noise is especially important on Explorer since P7 and/or Chartreuse is open for lunch which will likely means that they will be setting up by mid-morning and again before dinner service. Agree that they close relatively early but they still have to clean up, etc. which hopefully would only take until 10:00 p.m. or so.

We have not stayed under either dining venue due to issues we have had on Explorer being above a lounge and on Voyager being below the pool deck. Now we don’t care to be below or above anything that could be annoying.

The review of suite #966 to be found on the SuiteGuru spreadsheet indicates noise from Chartreuse above.

When I first read this, I had NO idea what you were talking about! I’ve just now found SuiteGuru and what a fabulous resource it is .... I’m rather new to Regent and this board. Thank you for pointing me in that direction.

It does look like it will be a noisy cabin, as I feared. The travel agent kept assuring me that I was overreacting because the restaurants were carpeted and that they are such quiet restaurants. Looks like I need a new travel agent! As much as this itinerary appeals to us, I don’t want a noisy cabin. We made this mistake on our last Azamara cruise, loved the cruise but hated the constant noise from the restaurant above.

It does look like it will be a noisy cabin, as I feared. The travel agent kept assuring me that I was overreacting because the restaurants were carpeted and that they are such quiet restaurants.
The aft portion of Chartreuse has a marble or stone floor. We remember this distinctly since we saw it during the day while having lunch there.

We were in 956 on the inaugural cruise and it was a nightmare for noise! We actually received a monetary future cruise credit because of our negative experience.

We reported late night noise - long after Chartreuse was closed - that sounded like something rolling in the ceiling above us. There were nightly visits (between 10pm and 2am) from various staff trying to figure out what was going on. We recorded it several times and it made falling asleep so difficult that I slept on the very large balcony one night until after it stopped.

It was loudest in the closet and over the head of the bed, situated directly below the dishwasher and the rolling door to the kitchen of the restaurant above.

There was no resolution on the voyage but our TA helped us get the compensation.

We rarely complain about anything and didn't hesitate to because this was a 'shakedown' cruise and they needed to know there was a problem. In our lighter moments we referred to the room as haunted!

I have to assume that they have fixed it!

We also had a lot of noise from above the Observation Lounge on Explorer's christening cruise. However, they already had plans to increase the soundproofing in between decks. While it is likely better now, I still wouldn't book a suite under (or above) a dining venue or lounge.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I’m not willing to chance that kind of noise with the restaurant above us. The rooms that are left are 959and 961 so we would have Prime 7 above and the laundry across the hall. Room 956 is the same area. I know those rolling, noisy carts too well! We so wanted a concierge suite but I’d rather get a quiet F1 with a couple less perks.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I’m not willing to chance that kind of noise with the restaurant above us. The rooms that are left are 959and 961 so we would have Prime 7 above and the laundry across the hall. Room 956 is the same area. I know those rolling, noisy carts too well! We so wanted a concierge suite but I’d rather get a quiet F1 with a couple less perks.

Still strongly suggest that you make a deposit on a concierge suite so that you will get it in case someone cancels.

Still strongly suggest that you make a deposit on a concierge suite so that you will get it in case someone cancels.

Can you choose to ‘waitlist’ a grade where suites are still available? How does that work?

(The OP says that suites are available in the grade required but just not in a location that is satisfactory)

If I were the OP I would book the forward positioned F1 suite but register with their TA and/or Regent their interest in upgrading to concierge level if other suites become available.

The OP could also check for themselves periodically whether other better positioned concierge suites had been freed.

Thank you, I think that’s exactly what we will do. We may waitlist for anything up to an Explorer Suite that is well situated, if we can do that with some still available. I’m hesitant to have hope that my travel agent can handle this after what’s happened so far.

Thank you all for this helpful info. I’m waitlisted for a penthouse bu they can’t waitlist us for a concierge suite because there is one available.

I will watch the dates carefully; it would be a waste of sorts to take a pricey upgrade and not be able to enjoy the perks.

Thank you all for this helpful info. I’m waitlisted for a penthouse bu they can’t waitlist us for a concierge suite because there is one available.

I will watch the dates carefully; it would be a waste of sorts to take a pricey upgrade and not be able to enjoy the perks.

........... plus the D, E & F grade suites on Explorer are very comfortable, good size suites offering arguably the best value on the ship, especially if you do not need the services of a Butler.

Whatever the outcome, I trust you obtain reservations for the excursions and dining that you prefer.

You are sure to have a great cruise :cool:

................ and as soon as the last D&E grade suites have been sold you will be able to add to your waitlist for a concierge grade.

Recommend that you waitlist with a refundable deposit as this keeps you near the top of the list; you do not have to take what you are offered.

If this is your first Regent booking make sure you take advantage of the Regent Ambassador Programme.

Edited by flossie009

As I mentioned previously (and repeated by another poster), the deposit is refundable. However, this doesn't to mean that you stay near the top of the list. You are on the list of those that have made deposits (vs. those that do not) but the reservations are first come first served and where you are on the list depends upon how many others have placed a deposit.

Hopefully you have a TA that regularly works with Regent so they can help guide you through the process. While I am not sure, you may be able to waitlist mid-ship suites in a particular category - even though there is still availability.

Got2Cruise and Host Dan are correct about the dining and excursion reservations. Even if you clear the waitlist, many people would have already booked excursions. I would go ahead and make reservations when you are scheduled to do so and if/when the waitlist clears you may be able to transfer the reservations to the new suite.

The more I think about this the more it seems that you may have to make reservations based on your current booking. If I were in your situation (knowing what I know from experience) I would not be too worried. The odds are great that if you have to waitlist an excursion it will clear and you can definitely get into each specialty restaurant onboard - even if it isn't the time and table size that are ideal.

Here is a link to a date calculator https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html. While Regent's website (under "My Account") will show you the dates that you can book reservations, it does not give you the date that you can deviate flights. So, you can put in the date you embark - subtract 270 days and you'll have the date. Hope that this helps.