Explorer Suites 1012 and 1015 under Pool Deck

flyers

Even with extra insulation, being under the pool will likely remain noisy early in the morning when chairs/lounges are set out - during the day when people are moving said chairs (scraping sound) and at night when everything is put away. It will likely be quiet during the hours that you sleep (if you are an early riser).

The Mariner and Voyager are, In my opinion, the most sound-proofed ships but you can still hear noise under the pool deck.

We originally booked 1015 on Explorer, but when I looked again and realized that it was below the pool, I called our TA and he switched us to 1200. He said his Regent rep told him that those two Grand Suites get complaints about the noise.

We originally booked 1015 on Explorer, but when I looked again and realized that it was below the pool, I called our TA and he switched us to 1200. He said his Regent rep told him that those two Grand Suites get complaints about the noise.

Thanks for the updated information. Apparently the noise issue has not been resolved.

This deck has issues with noise ,we were in 1002 a concierge suite forward on Explorer. Its issue was being under the cigar room the connoisseur club, we had the scraping of chairs on the floor, they are the heavy chesterford style , this was mainly in the evening and then around midnight the staff putting them back and tidying up the room, we vouched not to return to this cabin, the other side under the cooking display kitchen would be quieter as this area is unused in the evening or at times when you would notice. Another example of the layout on Explorer which does not work, some of the ship is great but the wasted spaces are obvious, the lead into the spa and Asian restaurant being one, the dreadful design in the theatre, little steps everywhere and upstairs in the theatre being unusable with no sight lines to the stage. Also CR ,great new menu but only the 2 back areas are good for dining the lighting in the main area and the noise level make this less than intimate, so much to sort out before the Splendour is finished.

Thank you everyone for your input on 1012 and 1015.We will avoid booking these Grand Suites but where else to find a Grand Suite?.....There is too much motion in the Bow for a motion sensitive wife so all that's left is 784 and 785 anyone have any experience with these?