Explorer 9/3-9-15 early review

pdaniel

I booked a concierge suite with tub,,,just for that reason,had to study cabin chart to make sure not just shower.But,,so glad I had a choice ,at least.No PH for me,if no tub.

On Oceania they also plan to remove all tubs on PH suites in smaller ships,,,so switched back to Regent ,where I have a choice,at least.Willing to pay more for it.Still love that R is still less formal too.Not so much for me,,but DH refuses,,as I mentioned above,,,to buy new suit.Even on a Seabourn cruise,,he only wears a blue blazer and tie,,,pants,,haa,too.No one has ever mentioned it even on formal nites,tho.BUt even THAT is too much now.What can you do,,,he IS paying for it,,,lets ME pick out everything else.Just glad we get the great chance to see the world,,,so many others cant and we really do enjoy it.Good to remember how lucky we all are on this site ,,able to take great cruises.

We are leaving Explorer tomorrow after a fabulous 12 day Baltic cruise. All restaurants were very good including compass rose but I agree that it’s too bright there and made a comment that it would benefit from table lamps and dimmer lights. The food was equal to any fine dining restaurant.

The ships entertainers were ok. We only went to one show. In Stockholm Jacqui Scott came onboard. Wow!! She was amazing. She had appeared in shows in the West End and could she sing. The best we have seen in all our cruises.

Overall a trip to remember. On Mariner next but hope to revisit Explorer before too long.

Oh and Anastasia in the Meridian Lounge was terrific.

Just off Explorer and safely home.

Final thoughts-

Entertainment improved with Paradis and World Beat (However, I find it disappointing the production show stole the Philippine line dance from Krew Kapers. What next, end with The Impossible Dream?)

Agree with comment on Jacqui. Wow! She is amazing!

Andy and Tammy are the best cruise director and social hostess team we have encountered. They work tirelessly with energy and enthusiasm.

Captain Serena was delightful and engaging. The entire staff was friendly and attentive.

We discovered the back areas of Compass Rose were less bright. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Overall, the cruise was great and we will definitely return to Regent.