Amsterdam Hotel

jow623

Banks Mansion -- one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at (in any country).

https://www.carlton.nl/en/banks-mansion-hotel-amsterdam?gclid=CjwKCAiAsejRBRB3EiwAZft7sGZI8H_Eu6e35D6_LdaeFs-ymfUGAp2T1-PjZUWGnDy4TMBU4z2A1BoC4yUQAvD_BwE

Centrally located -- lots to do/see in walking distance -- great (included) breakfast, plus all kinds of other free drinks/food/ etc.

https://www.carlton.nl/en/banks-mansion-hotel-amsterdam?gclid=CjwKCAiAsejRBRB3EiwAZft7sGZI8H_Eu6e35D6_LdaeFs-ymfUGAp2T1-PjZUWGnDy4TMBU4z2A1BoC4yUQAvD_BwE

Centrally located -- lots to do/see in walking distance -- great (included) breakfast, plus all kinds of other free drinks/food/ etc.

I'll second that...we absolutely loved it!

Nice to hear another affirmative for Banks. We're staying there in June after our cruise. Really looking forward to it.

Another vote for the Banks Mansion. We stayed there in August and really liked it, although I wasn't at all impressed with the afternoon snacks and I thought it was more expensive than I would have liked. We're sailing out of Amsterdam again in June and I looked for something better/cheaper and came up empty so I booked the Banks again. The breakfast was excellent and they allowed us (invited, in fact) to have breakfast when we arrived the first day from our early arriving flight. I thought that was really nice of them. And the location is great, as others have said.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

For us, location is the most important criteria for a hotel. In that regard, we stayed at the Park Plaza Victoria which couldn't be more centrally located. It is across the street from the central station and a transportation hub for all local public transport and tour companies. Also, it is in walking distance of many fine restaurants and shopping areas. The staff was extremely accommodating. My wife's luggage was temporarily lost on our inbound flight and the concierge took total charge of contacting the appropriate personnel, told us not to worry and enjoy the city and we found the luggage delivered to our room the following day.

We stayed at Ibis Central for 3 nights last Jul. Rooms are small but clean. Very reasonably priced. Right next to the train station. Very nice breakfast $$. You can buy tours and bus/tram tickets on site. Right downtown.

We've stayed there too - and other Ibis Hotels around Europe. Some of the most reasonable European rates we could find for a room that we'd only be sleeping and showering in. The rooms all are very standard minimalist, clean and air conditioned. Location good (next to the central train station) especially if you're walking or are going to use the trains, trams or hop-on-hop-off boats. Breakfast wasn't cheap but was a buffet fresh and tasty.

We liked Ibis because we knew what to expect in each city we'd be staying on one.