Breeze - January 7, 2018 Embarkation Delay

bellebaby

Any ideas why? Thanks.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL BREEZE

Dear Guest,

Your cruise is right around the corner and we want to provide you with some important information regarding your embarkation experience.

We expect the disembarkation process from the previous cruise to run later than usual. Therefore, please add one hour to your Arrival Appointment and plan to come at the new time. Guests who arrive outside of their Arrival Appointment can expect longer wait times in line.

B

She appears to be on schedule based on cruise tracker. Its still early to make an expected weather delay announcement. All I can think of is some operational issues at the port or a scheduled inspection. But if it was an inspection I would think they would say embarkation would be delayed not disembarkation

If the ship is on the Belize, Roatan, Cozumel itinerary then disembarkation usually takes longer. On the cruises that just got to Mexico and the cruises to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel they just glance at the passports and look at the BC/DL. But if the ship went to Belize or Honduras then they do a full inspection, which means they scan every passport or sit there and type with 2 fingers the data from the BC/DL into the computer. The lines move much more slowly. When on an all Mexico itinerary or on the Jamaica, Grand Cayman run, we usually get off, grab a porter and are through immigration in a matter of minutes. When it is the Belize, Roatan itinerary it has taken us up to an hour and a half to get through, which has given us plenty of time to talk to the porters. The porters have told us that they search a whole lot more luggage when coming back from Belize and Roatan. Neither Belize nor Honduras are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

If the ship is on the Belize, Roatan, Cozumel itinerary then disembarkation usually takes longer. On the cruises that just got to Mexico and the cruises to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel they just glance at the passports and look at the BC/DL. But if the ship went to Belize or Honduras then they do a full inspection, which means they scan every passport or sit there and type with 2 fingers the data from the BC/DL into the computer. The lines move much more slowly. When on an all Mexico itinerary or on the Jamaica, Grand Cayman run, we usually get off, grab a porter and are through immigration in a matter of minutes. When it is the Belize, Roatan itinerary it has taken us up to an hour and a half to get through, which has given us plenty of time to talk to the porters. The porters have told us that they search a whole lot more luggage when coming back from Belize and Roatan. Neither Belize nor Honduras are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

I had thought similar before my earlier reply...but I checked this weeks itinerary and its all Bahama's.... So....no idea whats up!!

This happened to me once on Breeze in Miami. Private charter was on before us and they took their sweet time getting off. We disregarded the notice and went on time and sat for hours. It was before staggered check in and thought they we just trying to keep everyone from showing up at once. Silver lining we had a chair tho as plenty of people were sitting on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Fog in the harbor is the usual reason for delays in Galveston....mostly January and February. They are not cleared to enter the harbor until the fog lifts, can be an hour or two late.

I thought of that, but the Sunday weather forecast does not show fog. It very well could be as temperatures will be warming-up.

Thanks, everyone, for the input.

B

This happened on my past two cruises on the Breeze, June 2017 & October 2017. In June, we had FTTF, checked in at 10:45 and didn’t board until 12:30. In October, We checked in at 12:45 and the terminal was still super crowded. We finally boarded around 1:40.

In both instances, people on our cruise group on FB were telling others to ignore the notice and go at their regular time. Some people received the email, and some did not. It seemed everyone with check in times before noon received the email. It made for many disgruntled, impatient people Waiting to board. Just keep in mind, if you have FTTF or priority, and you received the notice and decide to show up at 10:30, you may be waiting in the terminal for quite a while.

We were never given a reason for the later than usual boarding in either instance. There was no fog and previous cruise was not to Belize/Roatan.

Thanks Nana Sea and ladiibug. Looks like we will just plan on arriving around 12 to 12:30 instead of 10:30. We're driving in the morning of, so at least it will make for a little easier morning around here.

Fog in the harbor is the usual reason for delays in Galveston....mostly January and February. They are not cleared to enter the harbor until the fog lifts, can be an hour or two late.

The forecast now calls for spotty, dense morning sea fog. This could very well be the reason.

Will be watching the webcam tomorrow morning before making the drive to Galveston from Houston.

B