What to expect aboard Delta 147 Business Class Atlanta to Santiago

rkacruiser

The flight departs ATL at 10:32 P. M. This is rather late for a full dinner service, I am thinking. What service might I expect during this flight? The flight arrives in Santiago at 9:55 A. M. I am sure that there will be a full breakfast service for the flight.

Any information that one can provide will be appreciated!

Edited by rkacruiser

Sorry, I flew to and from BA, not Santiago.

Service standards would be similar, if not identical. 300 miles difference in distance, time of day is similar, markets are similar (meaning both going to SAmerica, as opposed to one to Asia and one to SA).

Only significant difference is an A330 to EZE and a 767-300 to SCL.

Thanks for the responses. They have been informative.

So, what to do at this time of night? Partake in the service offered for dinner or try to get to sleep as soon as possible after take-off?

I'm thinking that the cabin lights will be full on during dinner service and trying to get to sleep before they are reduced may prove to be futile.

Many thanks for the comments. I've decided that I will enjoy the Delta One service offered, try to utilize the entertainment system during dinner (I usually find the airline's entertainment system not to be very friendly to this non-tech oriented customer; I managed to freeze the system for my seat on a Singapore Airlines flight from Singapore to Hong Kong and the Flight Attendant was unable to correct whatever I had done), then try to sleep.

• 1 month later...

As the OP, I decided to post a follow-up comment.

I was very pleased with this flight. Service and the dinner and breakfast service were what I would expect for Delta One service. Cuisine and wines offered were very good. My Flight Attendant was gracious and helpful. Her service exceeded the quality of service that I received from my FA on Delta 110 from EZE to ATL.

Delta One seating on this flight's 767 is different from the A330. Each has its pluses as well as some minuses. I wish there were small storage spaces on either plane for those of us who wear glasses to be sure that we are able to safely store them when we are resting. I don't want my glasses to be skittering around my seating area when the plane is in turbulent air.

Delta One seating on this flight's 767 is different from the A330. Each has its pluses as well as some minuses. I wish there were small storage spaces on either plane for those of us who wear glasses to be sure that we are able to safely store them when we are resting. I don't want my glasses to be skittering around my seating area when the plane is in turbulent air.

For the 767 - On the front side of the large "armrest" (where the tray table comes from) is an expandable mesh pocket. Won't hold large items, but works well for glasses etc. Another tip is to use the amenity kit as a repository for your glasses while sleeping, then put that in the mesh pocket.

For the 767 - On the front side of the large "armrest" (where the tray table comes from) is an expandable mesh pocket. Won't hold large items, but works well for glasses etc. Another tip is to use the amenity kit as a repository for your glasses while sleeping, then put that in the mesh pocket.

Thanks for the tips. I never thought about using the amenity kit as a storage area for my glasses.