Specialty Dining Pkg

Karen Lynn

We usually buy the 3 dinner $70 package, because the chef’s table doesn’t interest us at all. We find 3 nights in a speciality restaurant out of 10 or so is enough. Partly that is because we like sharing tables in Discoveries, and you can’t do that in Prime C or Aqualina.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, there is sometimes a table selling meal packages in the terminal as you are embarking. There is a permanent desk in the entrance to Windows restaurant too. I’d advise buying your package and booking your meals as soon as you board, to have the best choice of dates and times. Just make sure you ask when White Night will be, as you wouldn’t want to miss the great buffet on deck that night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the most efficient way to book reservations when you are traveling in an owners suite. Book yourself at the desk when you get on or ask the Butler to book them? Just looking for the most effective way to get the reservations on the day and time we prefer.

What is the most efficient way to book reservations when you are traveling in an owners suite. Book yourself at the desk when you get on or ask the Butler to book them? Just looking for the most effective way to get the reservations on the day and time we prefer.

Depends on your butler but to be honest its easier to do it yourself, one butler in particular who is still onboard is hopeless at getting what you want, got 6/8 bookings wrong for us when we trusted him.

Butlers have no additional clout despite what people say (or additional tip seeking butlers would suggest) - as soon as you tell the staff doing the reservations your room number they know if you are suite, big suite etc and if you are in the Owners Suite, they know to look out for you and do whatever they can to meet your wishes.

If it doesn't work out, you can speak to the Speciality Manager - but I am not sure you will ever need to take that step.

Depends on your butler but to be honest its easier to do it yourself, one butler in particular who is still onboard is hopeless at getting what you want, got 6/8 bookings wrong for us when we trusted him.

Butlers have no additional clout despite what people say (or additional tip seeking butlers would suggest) - as soon as you tell the staff doing the reservations your room number they know if you are suite, big suite etc and if you are in the Owners Suite, they know to look out for you and do whatever they can to meet your wishes.

If it doesn't work out, you can speak to the Speciality Manager - but I am not sure you will ever need to take that step.

The other issue is that if you want to get in there quickly for times then the butler's first day is very busy. Yes, do it yourself. I always do. I feel more in control.

Phil

Thanks for the replies. Certainly don't mind booking them ourselves. We go to a popular all inclusive resort once a year and have butlers with the suites we reserve. The butlers have priority booking at restaurants so we always use them. This is our first Azamara cruise so want to make sure I book them most efficient way. Thanks again.