Spring break Nassau

Timbek2

We won’t dock until noon. Have two teens. Any inexpensive and fun options to recommend. Don’t want an all day thing and Atlantis is expensive and I imagine will be crowded. All suggestions appreciated. Prefer nice beach with facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I'd reach out to the Melia. I'm not sure if these resorts all have day passes during spring break, but possibly. Another option without a day pass would be Saunders Beach. You could cab it over. There is showers/restrooms but it's just a public beach, so you won't get the benefits of a resort - Saunders is usually quiet and relaxed.

There is also the Fish Fry which has a public beach, but not as nice as Saunders. You could have food, hang out on the beach, etc.

I’ve stayed at the Meliá on land vacations and for work. It’s located on a nice stretch of beach and less crowded than anything on Paradise Island. The resort is nice (the only thing that could be improved is of a cosmetic nature in some outdoor spots). We rented a jet ski (you can negotiate the price) and had a great time.

If I were planning a relaxing beach day, I would more likely choose to purchase a pass from this resort than from any other in this island.

I’ve stayed at the Meliá on land vacations and for work. It’s located on a nice stretch of beach and less crowded than anything on Paradise Island. The resort is nice (the only thing that could be improved is of a cosmetic nature in some outdoor spots). We rented a jet ski (you can negotiate the price) and had a great time.

If I were planning a relaxing beach day, I would more likely choose to purchase a pass from this resort than from any other in this island.

Melia sometimes restricts day passes during the Spring Break period. So do many of the hotels.

Melia sometimes restricts day passes during the Spring Break period. So do many of the hotels.

Scubagirrl, thank you so much for all of your great posts! We are two people who are looking for a nice resort experience on a long one day stopover in Nassau off of a cruise ship. We would like a nice resort with a beautiful beach. My girlfriend also likes nice, high-end shopping (Bay Street?) I've read about the British Colonial, Melia, Breezes but don't know which one to choose. We want something nice. Can you please advise us? Thanks again!

Scubagirrl, thank you so much for all of your great posts! We are two people who are looking for a nice resort experience on a long one day stopover in Nassau off of a cruise ship. We would like a nice resort with a beautiful beach. My girlfriend also likes nice, high-end shopping (Bay Street?) I've read about the British Colonial, Melia, Breezes but don't know which one to choose. We want something nice. Can you please advise us? Thanks again!

IF you are going during spring break, the only one of these that won't be a zoo is the British Colonial Hilton. They don't allow the party crowd. The beach is private and small and on the harbor. You might want to check out the reviews of Sandals.