RC muster drill question

klb1978

we are sailing on Oasis of the Seas in September. My son (age 5) will be doing his second cruise, but was just a baby on first. I’m concerned about the muster drill. We haven’t cruised RC since 2011 and I’m a little foggy on the details. Will the alarms be going off throughout the muster drill? Do we stand outside like in the old days, or are muster stations inside? He’s very sensitive to loud noises and I’m dreading the drill if the alarms are going off for several minutes. I can bring his noise canceling headphones if needed. Just hoping someone has some insight as to how to not make this a stressful experience for all. Thanks so much!

The alarms go off as you are heading to or at the beginning of muster. About a minute of blaring noise and then the overhead announcement from he captain. It is outside at the muster station listed on your sea pass. I don’t see why there would be a problem with ear protection, my son (6) just holds his fingers in his ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we are sailing on Oasis of the Seas in September. My son (age 5) will be doing his second cruise, but was just a baby on first. I’m concerned about the muster drill. We haven’t cruised RC since 2011 and I’m a little foggy on the details. Will the alarms be going off throughout the muster drill? Do we stand outside like in the old days, or are muster stations inside? He’s very sensitive to loud noises and I’m dreading the drill if the alarms are going off for several minutes. I can bring his noise canceling headphones if needed. Just hoping someone has some insight as to how to not make this a stressful experience for all. Thanks so much!

Muster drills are held either in the Aqua Theater or an inside location...no more standing....get there early enough to get a seat.

I don't remember the alarm on our December cruise, out of Ft. Lauderdale, and our 3 year old is noise sensitive. We did go to the MDR for our muster location and were able to sit. March 2016, Australian cruise, I don't remember the alarm, but we did stand outside for that one. I think it would depend on the ship/captain, as well as weather, but I'm not really sure who makes these decisions.