Accessible rooms Norwegian Pride of America - Hawaii

kokopelli-az

According to some information I found about accessible rooms on NCL's Pride of America, there are only two accessible suite rooms (10524 and 11528). And for the balcony category, it shows 8 accessible rooms.

I haven't been able to find much information about the POA's accessible rooms. Has anyone had an accessible room in either of these categories (suite or balcony) on the POA? I would be interested in any feedback regarding how you liked the room. (I will be renting a scooter from Mobility at Sea.)

Kokopelli

We, my sister and I are booked for sept 1 2018. she uses a scooter and so do I. both are owned. we have booked a accesible balcony. Not sure of number but it is not a suite. for a scooter I have rented from special needscat sea. very relisble. scooter is found and left in b your cabin

According to some information I found about accessible rooms on NCL's Pride of America, there are only two accessible suite rooms (10524 and 11528). And for the balcony category, it shows 8 accessible rooms.

I haven't been able to find much information about the POA's accessible rooms. Has anyone had an accessible room in either of these categories (suite or balcony) on the POA? I would be interested in any feedback regarding how you liked the room. (I will be renting a scooter from Mobility at Sea.)

What feed back are you looking for ?

• Wheelchair width ehtrance door and bathroom door
  • Lowered closet rods.
  • Lower access to room safe
  • All accessible cabins will accomodate a wheelchair or mobility scooter.
  • All accessible cabins will have sufficient space to move about the room using any type of mobility equipment.
  • All accessible cabins will have a pull cord in the bathroom
  • Bathrooms have a zero threshold entrance
  • Have a zero threshold shower with fold down shower seat and handl held shower head.
  • Grab bars in the shower and by the toilet.Wheelchair access sink
  • If cabin has a balcony it will have a built in ramp . If no ramp the cruise line will provide a portable ramp to access the balcony.
  • Additionally you can request free of charge of toilet raiser and or a stand alon shower seat if needed.

Important to note the NCL's Pride of America is the only cruise ship in the world that must fully comply to the mininum standards imposed under ADA law. It's the only cruise ship that is registered to the USA, sails under the USA Flag only cruises to only USA ports is permanently based in Hawaii, USA.

Kokopelli

We, my sister and I are booked for sept 1 2018. she uses a scooter and so do I.

All accessible cabins will accomodate a wheelchair or mobility scooter.

What caught our eye in this case is the statement that the cabin will hold a (does this mean singular?) wheelchair or mobility scooter. A good question is what about this case where there will be two scooters?

What caught our eye in this case is the statement that the cabin will hold a (does this mean singular?) wheelchair or mobility scooter. A good question is what about this case where there will be two scooters?

Yes for the most part an accessible cabin can acomodate 2 wheelchairs or 2 mobility scooters or 1 of each (scooter & wheelchair) .

Carnival and Holland America have varying classifications of accessilbe cabins . Therefore mutitples will only fit if it's a fully accessible cabin. On some Princess ships there are inside and out accessibles that it might be tight to fit doubles but could be done with a few adjustments.

To get even more floor space in an accessible cabin the bed can be sperated and placed in a L confiquration.

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 1 month later...

We have sailed on ncl and rccl. never had a problem with 2 scooters especially charging them at night. cabin steward is always extremely helpful. btw have rented from nobility at sea. great company. just ask them for an extra key. just in case

xxoo;

Just to clarify, POA is the only large cruise ship under US flag. American Cruise Line operates small coastal cruise ships that are also US flag, and must of course fully meet ADA requirements (subject to SOLAS override, as with all ships).