Iberia Air

LParente

I have some experience with them, both domestically/regionally as well as transatlantic. Any specific questions?

They have the best fares I’ve seen lately, but reviews don’t seem very positive. I was just wondering if anybody had any specific issues with them that were negative. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The thing about anonymous reviews is that you can't always determine if the service was truly bad, or if the person writing the review had unrealistic expectations. So again- if you can provide a little more detail, someone here might be able to be more helpful. These negative reviews.... what exactly were the complaints? The more information you provide, the better the information someone here might be able to provide it return.

They have the best fares I’ve seen lately, but reviews don’t seem very positive. I was just wondering if anybody had any specific issues with them that were negative. Thanks.

I've had mixed experiences, both longhaul and shorthaul. Last month I flew Marrakech - Madrid and Madrid - Porto and service was pretty good in Economy. Summer of last year I flew Mexico City - Madrid in Business and it was average at best. Those are my two most recent experiences.

Iberia is known to be a pretty "meh" airline, so don't expect much. I do know three separate people, whom I trust when it comes to travel, that have had experiences so bad with Iberia (particularly longhaul onboard service) that they will never, ever fly them again. I personally haven't experienced that, but I also usually try to avoid Iberia as a result of this (though, obviously, I still do from time-to-time).

I've had generally good experiences with IB in business class, both longhaul and short/medium (intra-Europe.) Coach is coach, of course.

I much prefer MAD over the likes of Heathrow, if connections are an issue.

There, an unspecific answer for an unspecific question.

I've had generally good experiences with IB in business class, both longhaul and short/medium (intra-Europe.) Coach is coach, of course.

I much prefer MAD over the likes of Heathrow, if connections are an issue.

There, an unspecific answer for an unspecific question.

Yeah, Madrid (especially T4/T4S) is a pretty nice place for a layover. Easy, clean, modern, generally under capacity (that terminal is WAY too big for the number of flights...which is great).

My least favourite airline. To be fair, the last time I flew with them was 10 years ago but it was pretty grim. Long haul from São Paulo to Madrid in economy. Really uncomfortable seats, inedible food and very unpleasant staff. I have managed to avoid them since then so I suppose they may have improved over the last decade and I expect if the price was really much cheaper than the nearest competitor I would probably give them another go.

Thank you for the responses. Most of the negative reviews I have seen have been in regards to plane cleanliness and service. Obviously, people who have a gripe at tend to post more reviews than those with positive experiences, so I will take them with a grain of salt. As of right now I have a 72 hour hold on the tickets. As long as there aren’t numerous concerns with on time records or safety, I’m inclined to give them a try. Thanks again.

• 4 months later...

Not a fancy airline but much much much better than most american airlines. I remind all Iberia bashers (whose only crime is being Spanish) that it is a four stars airlines according to Skytrax, and of course not that bad.

Just a regular airline. Decent planes, fine service, some good crews from time to time. One of the most puntual and safest in the world. If you are used to AA, UA and so on, you would love Iberia. At least food is much better.

Thank you for the responses. Most of the negative reviews I have seen have been in regards to plane cleanliness and service. Obviously, people who have a gripe at tend to post more reviews than those with positive experiences, so I will take them with a grain of salt. As of right now I have a 72 hour hold on the tickets. As long as there aren’t numerous concerns with on time records or safety, I’m inclined to give them a try. Thanks again.

Not certain if this helps in your decision making. The holding company that owns Iberica also owns British Airways, Air Lingus, Level Airlines, and Vueling. So they are part of a very large aviation group.

Not a fancy airline but much much much better than most american airlines. I remind all Iberia bashers (whose only crime is being Spanish) that it is a four stars airlines according to Skytrax, and of course not that bad.

Just a regular airline. Decent planes, fine service, some good crews from time to time. One of the most puntual and safest in the world. If you are used to AA, UA and so on, you would love Iberia. At least food is much better.

Seeing you're location,you would say that wouldn't you,lol.I live in Italy but I think Alitalia are rubbish also.

Seeing you're location,you would say that wouldn't you,lol.I live in Italy but I think Alitalia are rubbish also.

I don't find Ailtalia to be that bad either :D:D:D

I don't find Ailtalia to be that bad either :D:D:D
OMG,now I know you're on a wind up,lol. We endured 10hrs MAD to LIMA,with no liquor just cheap plonk offered with mediocre food and miserable FAs.When our return leg from RIO was replaced with a nonstop BA to LHR it was such a relief.

OMG,now I know you're on a wind up,lol. We endured 10hrs MAD to LIMA,with no liquor just cheap plonk offered with mediocre food and miserable FAs.When our return leg from RIO was replaced with a nonstop BA to LHR it was such a relief.

Yes you told me it once. :D

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2414812

Wonderful BA managed by an Spaniard, bellonging both to IAG. I wasn't never too impressed. Same as Iberia.

I remembered a couple of flights to the US which were apalling. Different experiences I guess.

Yes you told me it once. :D

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2414812

Wonderful BA managed by an Spaniard, bellonging both to IAG. I wasn't never too impressed. Same as Iberia.

I remembered a couple of flights to the US which were apalling. Different experiences I guess.

LOL,too many voddies on other airlines or dementure kicking in.