THE ADVANTAGES of Using a USA TA

Are the prices quoted by US TAs inclusive of taxes Etc? If not, do these 'extras' add up to substantially more?

They are generally not included in the advertised price and it really depends on the itinerary as to whether it is substantial or not, When looking at other booking prices such as with the cruise line direct, take note of how much the taxes and port charges are and then use that for your consideration when comparing.:D

My days as a comedian are numbered...

Well when the comedians can no longer get a gig at the RSL or Leagues Club, then there is always room on the cruiseships for them.;p:halo: In their twilight years.

Very principled - so do you only cruise on Australian flagged ships and buy Australian made goods from Australian owned companies?

It’s a global world market these days - why wouldn’t someone take advantage of that?

If Australian companies can be competitive then business will naturally flow to them

I do like to like to support the Australian Travel Industry and its employees, even though they are selling tickets for foreign owned vessels. Not support some US T/A.:evilsmile:

But then I could be biased, having links to a family owned travel business.

As for only travelling on Australian owned ships, we don't have any, save for Sydney Harbour Ferries. I do drink Australian Cider though, not that Swedish or NZ rubbish. Nearly time for a Tasmanian Mercury Draught Cider, just come back from Goulburn, 38C over there.:')

Fair enough and just pulling your leg

Speaking of the weather I’m actually over in a chilly LA waiting to board a cruise back to Sydney - 13 degrees C here at the moment

Spending Australian earned dollars in a foreign land afraid [emoji45]

Speaking of the weather I’m actually over in a chilly LA waiting to board a cruise back to Sydney - 13 degrees C here at the moment

No worries at all. My missus reckons I should be on the stage...'The first one out of town' lol.

Enjoy your voyage back to Sydney, you will soon warm up as you head back across ye olde Pacific Ocean. Which ship are you embarking?

Bon Voyage.:D

Enjoy your voyage back to Sydney, you will soon warm up as you head back across ye olde Pacific Ocean. Which ship are you embarking?

Crystal Serenity on the first leg of her WC - I’ve got a live from thread running @ https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2582871 where I’ll be trying to keep people entertained for the 24 days

If you are paying the cruise line direct, that is a broker not a TA. That eliminates the risk.

With the understanding that Oz is different in many ways (like toilet water swirling in the wrong direction):

When using a US based TA, your credit card fare payments are charged directly by the cruise line. The TA merely takes your CC info and transfers that info to them. If the TA "takes" the payment, something is not quite right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can’t nominate a US address then I’m very disappointed in your creativity

Try using 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500 - I know that one exists ;p

Seriously though there are ways around that requirement - it’s not like they go knock on the door to check...

the agent I have used in the past in USA was happy to use their address for me

Just a bit of sharing. I recently contacted a couple of US TAs re an RCI Pacific Cruise in December. Their cruise price was marginally lower but included $200US OBC for an inside. The Aus fare didn't include OBC but had a $200 deposit while the US TAs quoted a $900US deposit. For us we kept it local given that December is a long way off and anything could happen before then. I'd much rather lose the $200 if it came to it.